Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Conservation

StingRayzorBlade

So I've been doing some animal conservation missions in the Orb vallis recently in order to do the Nightwave task for 6 Perfect conservation on the Orb vallis.

And I've noticed that some of the missions seem unnecessarily difficult. Particularly, Sawgaws, and Horrasques.

With Sawgaws, it seems the hitboxes are really off. Countless times, I've been perched on a mushroom and had the crossheir directly on the middle of the body. But, I shoot once, no hit. Shoot again, no hit. You can shoot the full clip in a burst and still not hit the thing. The only time I can ever seem to hit one is at point blank range, which really defeats the entire purpose of trying to stealth the conservation.

Now Horrasques. I really don't understand how the player detection on those things works. I can be 60 meters away on a hill, and they still turn right around and sprint.

I have to acknowledge, I am not very good at this mission type, and for all I know, it's working as intended. But with the nightwave mission of needing to do 6 of these, I've spent over an hour and a half trying to get these, because even when not failing a capture, they have to be perfect. To me, this just gets really tedious, and I'm really frustrated by the Sawgaws specifically. I'm worried this part of the game will be forgotten and left to rot, even with the new Vasca Kavats on the plains.

I really don't want to see this feature fade into irrelevancy. I think it'd be great to reduce the difficulty of the 6 perfect conservation tasks for Nightwave. Maybe reduce the number to like 4, or allow "Good" captures to count.

Again, I'm not the most experienced with this. I don't even have the Kubrodon echo-lure. So, I'd love to know, do other people share these concerns? Am I just complaining for no good reason, or do people think there's a real problem with this?

Something I only learned about recently is that the direction the wind is blowing can alert the target - you have to be downwind of an animal to avoid it immediately becoming aware of you, which can be frustrating as sometimes you just end up with the nest upwind of where it's going to spawn and can't get out of the way fast enough before it spawns. The direction snow is falling if the wind is strong, and the direction the bigger fern-like plants are pointing are the indicators I rely on. I've also started bringing Loki as my hands are quite shaky and it's a lot easier for me to pop invisibility and get closer to shoot them than to try and hit them from afar.

Sawgaws can get stuffed, though, hunting those for my floof collection was absolutely awful. And the only advice for reliably capturing them that I found was just "bring equinox or ivara" unfortunately. I used Loki for this as well, but it required a hell of a lot of patience and I still lost more than I caught.

Being in a group seems to let you share captures, though (don't quote me on this, I know it shares the standing but I don't remember if it shared the nightwave progress), so if someone you know has ivara or equinox or is ungodly good with the tranq gun then they might be able to help you out!

(EDIT: Got lost in offering advice and forgot the main reason for your post. Once you know about the wind direction it becomes a lot easier/consistent but there are still a lot of issues with certain animals that definitely need attention, especially those that require more time and patience per capture as often patrols will respawn and mess up your hunt if you don't have a warframe to cheese it. Definitely something I'd wanna see addressed.)

Edited by yankeedoodledingo
forgot something

23 minutes ago, yankeedoodledingo said:

Something I only learned about recently is that the direction the wind is blowing can alert the target - you have to be downwind of an animal to avoid it immediately becoming aware of you, which can be frustrating as sometimes you just end up with the nest upwind of where it's going to spawn and can't get out of the way fast enough before it spawns. The direction snow is falling if the wind is strong, and the direction the bigger fern-like plants are pointing are the indicators I rely on. I've also started bringing Loki as my hands are quite shaky and it's a lot easier for me to pop invisibility and get closer to shoot them than to try and hit them from afar.

Sawgaws can get stuffed, though, hunting those for my floof collection was absolutely awful. And the only advice for reliably capturing them that I found was just "bring equinox or ivara" unfortunately. I used Loki for this as well, but it required a hell of a lot of patience and I still lost more than I caught.

Being in a group seems to let you share captures, though (don't quote me on this, I know it shares the standing but I don't remember if it shared the nightwave progress), so if someone you know has ivara or equinox or is ungodly good with the tranq gun then they might be able to help you out!

(EDIT: Got lost in offering advice and forgot the main reason for your post. Once you know about the wind direction it becomes a lot easier/consistent but there are still a lot of issues with certain animals that definitely need attention, especially those that require more time and patience per capture as often patrols will respawn and mess up your hunt if you don't have a warframe to cheese it. Definitely something I'd wanna see addressed.)

I didn't know that about the wind, (though I guessed it may be a possibility) and thanks for the snow/fern advice! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with some concerns about this gamemode.

• Like 1