Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Rate & Fire Rate

Namacyst

This is pretty much the reason why I have just stacked damage mods rather than rof. Sure an Afuris with three 40% fire rate mods on it is ridiculous and fun to play with, but when the game's frames drop you lose all that fire rate... :(

After the Q&A stream Steve stayed a good while longer to answer questions brought up in the twitch-chat and i asked about the framerate issues and problems with fire rate. He mentioned something about improvements that will come in the future to make it better regarding framerates, loading times and fire rate.

I hope that this means that a good chunk of performance optimization will bring a handfull of frames to mid-end pc users before Warframe goes final or even a seperation of framerate <-> fire rate. The devs know about the problem, all we can do is wait.

After the Q&A stream Steve stayed a good while longer to answer questions brought up in the twitch-chat and i asked about the framerate issues and problems with fire rate. He mentioned something about improvements that will come in the future to make it better regarding framerates, loading times and fire rate.

I hope that this means that a good chunk of performance optimization will bring a handfull of frames to mid-end pc users before Warframe goes final or even a seperation of framerate <-> fire rate. The devs know about the problem, all we can do is wait.

Thanks for the info. There really is no excuse to have fire rate linked to frame rate, that is just a show of programmer incompetence. Hopefully they get on it soon.

Not really... Sometimes it's just more convenient. There are tons of really old games that would literally have the engine tick as follows:

int i = 0;

while(i<100){i++;}

Now of course, those games are impossible because the AI can dump their entire load of ammo into you in miliseconds lol. At any rate, it's probably not deliberately tied, it's just a side-effect. It's probably just that they're using polling instead of interrupts, but that's just my guess.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz