Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My reaction to Kuva Lich

SpaceDeerEdith

TLDR: The Kuva Lich system is poorly communicated, and once players start it they can't opt out if they decide it's not something they're interested in.

I came back to Warframe after a long absence because Railjack is finally out, so I didn't know anything about the Kuva Lich system coming in. Doing a mission somewhere, I came across the Larvaling and it sounded like it was going to start a new quest, so I did the action button like it prompted me to. I was not expecting it to suddenly start taking portions of my loot including Cryotic and Oxium, things that I desperately need for crafting.

I set out to kill this thing and now I find out that I have to finish dozens of missions filled with level 60+ Grineer where I'm frequently dying even in Oberon and Rhino (to say nothing of how hard it is to keep Defense or Mobile Defense objectives alive at that level). From looking on the wiki I see that there's some unique mods that I need to grind out to actually kill the Lich, and at this point I just don't care about it anymore. I'd gladly even pay credits just to have the thing go away.

I realize that as a solo player, there's always going to be content that I can't do. The big difference here is intent; sorties, arbitrations, and eidolons are all optional and can be easily ignored. But the Kuva Lich is going to stay forever, taking my Cryotic and whatever other new resources they add to the planets he controls.

If I'd known what I was getting into, I would not have killed that Larvaling.

Edit: He takes your Void Traces too? That's even worse.

Edited by SpaceDeerEdith