The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Over The Rng

Yuripaff

Don't you EVER say forma is TOO common ! They finally made it a more viable resource and you're gonna say it drops too much ? No disrespect but have you lost your mind Tenno ?

It is TOO common. I got another 3 forma blueprint in a row, then mag prime helmet blueprint and then another chassis blueprint. Another night of stuff I have and don't want and wasting my time and void keys. RNG is fail.

Is it possible to re-program the RNG to pseudo-random, as in, implement pseudo-random distribution(PRD), the way some competitive games handle chance-based aspects?

I mean, say, a rare item has a 5% drop rate, with RNG it always drops once out of twenty times without taking previous attempts into account, which leads to streaks or failures or streaks of success. With pseudo random it initially has 5% chance, then, after each consecutive failure, the chance will gradually grow so that by the 20th time it would reach 100% and, after acquiring the item, drop to initial 5%? To clarify:

1st try - 5% chance

2nd - 10%

5th - 25%

10th - 50%

20th - 100%

After and only after acquiring the item in question(although 20th will give you a 100% chance, it wouldn't be a guaranteed drop in co-op which I explain a tad later) it starts over from 5%.

Or, say, if a 100% chance sounds like too much:

1st try - 5%

2nd - 10%

3rd - 15%

10th - 50%

11th - 45%

12th - 40%

21st - 5%

22nd - 10%

and so on; again, after the item has dropped the counter resets to 1.

So with this system, individual attempts will be calculated by RNG with percentage values calculated by PRD instead of constant ones.

This looks solid for individual runs, but not in co-op sessions where the chance is the same for everyone. Host's PRD iteration may be taken into account, or an average from all players in the cell, like

(45% + 15% + 5% + 50%)/4 = 28.75%

I imagine this will bias players towards solo mode, but on the other hand, people with low PRD iteration might want to join someone with a higher chance level instead of doing several consecutive runs on their own.

Edited by Artarrwen

RNG is a bit too ridiculous in this game. I am doing T3 defense missions for a very very long time, usually multiple times a day. And I got Braton Prime receiver just a day ago. Yea, tnx RNG, now I can solo T3 def and I really dont need Braton Prime. Maybe I will build it someday for mastery but not now.

When even a commodity like formas become an undesirable reward to many people, it shows just how drastically wrong the drop/reward system is.

I still like Forma, I use it a bit too much. The actual problem is RNG with no optional way to *progress* towards your desired item. A player playing a mission over and over again to get an item, starts losing hope after few days or weeks. It leads to frustation, and when you are frustated you will blame anything which is NOT your desired item.

Eg : Try farming for Rage. After few days/weeks/months/years/centuries/millenias you will start hating fusion cores with passion.

Well the trading system requires a trade thing setup in the dojo but they didn't say we couldn't trade outside of our clan.  Also, can't we invite outsiders into our dojo's?  Having only a couple people shouldn't be a problem so long as you can get the mats together to build the trade station in your dojo.  That SHOULD solve most of your issues here right?

Well the trading system requires a trade thing setup in the dojo but they didn't say we couldn't trade outside of our clan.  Also, can't we invite outsiders into our dojo's?  Having only a couple people shouldn't be a problem so long as you can get the mats together to build the trade station in your dojo.  That SHOULD solve most of your issues here right?

Will have to wait and see when they fully announce what the trade system will have and its limitations.

Will have to wait and see when they fully announce what the trade system will have and its limitations.

Agreed, I know DE has a lot of pots on the stove at the moment and some big ones are close to boiling so I'm very much in a wait and see mode.  Armor 2.0 and Trading potentially could have a bigger impact on the game than anything else they've added so far and could moot or exacerbate a lot of people gripes.  But, we won't know until they spill the beans.....I must be hungry with all these food analogy's. 

You SERIOUSLY added credits as rewards for survival missions? I just did a T2 survival 2 man to 20 minutes and out of the 4 rewards we got 3 credit things???

That is a JOKE, massive joke. I am so over your game.

Oh and the other item was a latron prime barrel... Why even put anything for the latron prime in Survival? How about putting the mag prime items into the 1st set of keys you made then. Stop putting JUNK in the RNG fail table you have for these missions.

Edited by Yuripaff

You SERIOUSLY added credits as rewards for survival missions? I just did a T2 survival 2 man to 20 minutes and out of the 4 rewards we got 3 credit things???

That is a JOKE, massive joke. I am so over your game.

Oh and the other item was a latron prime barrel... Why even put anything for the latron prime in Survival? How about putting the mag prime items into the 1st set of keys you made then. Stop putting JUNK in the RNG fail table you have for these missions.

They also encrypted drop tables and changed the drops.

Thanks for confirming that is drops again. :3

(I have it, but these 2-3 weeks with the barrel entirely missing from the tables must've been hell for those who wanted it)