Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack suggestions summed up

YukoValis

I know there are probably a bunch of threads like this, but this is from my own personal experience after getting pretty far.  Most skills at Lv7 and MK3 everything.

1: nix the random commander.  This is the thing that is utterly destroying any enjoyment there is to be had.   People only want to face the commander, because it is the enemy that drops loot.  I say I've had around 30 people jump into my game, see that it doesn't have the commander, and jump out again.  3 times I've entered into someone else game only to have the host leave right away.

How to fix this.  Make each mission static so that it will always be "Disable the missile platform"  or "Disable the shipkiller" depending on the node you pick on the map.   Have each one have a different type of commander.   missile platform has X commander, shipkiller has Y commander.  Give them separate loot.  This will make sure you get squads together hunting for the same thing.

2: Looting.   To loot in a 3D space is annoying and slow.  The tiles are ok, but when you have a huge battlefield it is hard to remember where every enemy was killed.  I would like to suggestion an avionics that acts like a vacuum.  Just apply what a sentinel does with the mod to what the railjack does to loot.

3: Griefing.  So far there are 2 main types.   People who don't own the ship getting on the flightstick and refusing to get off, and those abusing the crew recall.  There needs to be a way for the host (captain) to always be able to take control of the steering.  When someone activates a crew recall you should get a prompt to cancel it.

I'm sad to see this going from 400 open squads to barely finding a party who won't instantly leave.  I don't mind the grind, but when a player needs to essentially "reload scum" to get the mission they want, it only makes the mod suffer.