Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean 3 QoL Ideas

CowDung

Hey DE,

I love space combat games like elite dangerous alot and when railjack was reviled 2 years ago, I was so hyped! Empyrean is fun and very engaging apart from the loot grind, me and my buddies in space are having fun learning the new mechanics.

I have some ideas to bring in from the space battle titles that i played over my entire gaming life and I really think DE can adopt some Ideas those games implemented to address some issues with Empyrean.

Pulse Wave Ping

This is to address the Loot problem and no amount of vacuum range will be able to solve this because Space is huge. Loot drops from combat could be problematic to scoop-up because of the distance of scale is so large its often hard to locate especially with the space-stars backdrop. I am proposing some sort of interactive scanning mechanics to mark and highlight all lootable items after an intense battle within a vicinity. I can also imagine this mechanics could be expanded for space asteroid mining or other activities if anyone interested.

Logarithmic 360 Degree radar.

Veterans of space combat games will never fail to stress enough the importance of a radar in combat for situation awareness. I am proposing a simple logarithmic radar with no interaction (fully automatic scaling). This radar will have the usual indication of where targets or objects are relative to the railjack. It should also be able to indicate weather its above or below the railjack. I understand that this will be a huge time investment to code it in, but I appreciate it if DE could pull this off.

Target Range Finder.

Again space is huge, objects may be further then you think with your eyes. A simple pilot's or gunner's crosshair over the target to highlight its distance relative to the railjack. Weapons in warframe has a falloff mechanic so we need to know if our targets are within the optimal range to let loose our big guns.

Happy Holiday DE. and Thanks.

• Like 3