Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Etiquette of Refinement (Railjack Forge Economy)

MahouShoujoRainbow6

As I understand it, resources in the Forge at mission end now enter your inventory when you return to the Drydock, instead of being lost like they used to. However, refining during a mission gives you at least double the amount than what you'd get if you didn't.

Given that, why do some people express frustration when someone refines at the end of a mission? In my experience most squads return to the Drydock after one mission, so new munitions don't need to be crafted urgently once all the enemies are dead. If the pilot wants to top off their reserves of revolite or flux energy, it's more resource-efficient to refine and then craft at the Drydock than to craft them on-board, even with high Engineering - a 50% bonus to forge output can't match a 100%+ bonus to the resources.

The only thing I can think of is that they have Engineering 9, and therefore anybody else refining is leaving resources on the table, but I have trouble believing there are that many people who've ground out 512+ Intrinsics already.