The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planet Levels & Xp Locked Weapons

Valadus

Question

I'm fairly new to the game and would like some clarification on ranks/levels please. I'm only rank 1 (top left corner on the screen with my avatar) but my warframe (Excalibur Prime) and weapons are all around rank 10 or so. I've finished all the missions for the first planet Mercury and about to start on Saturn. I noticed when you hover over a planet it says something like "Level 1 - 3". Is this referring to my avatar rank or warframe and weapons ranks (I'm assuming it's the latter but just want to confirm that)?

The second issue is when I go to the Market to look at possible weapons to buy some of them state that they are XP Locked and I need to be Level 2 or Level 3 and so on. Is this referring to my avatar rank?

Finally what's the recommended way of getting new weapons, should I just buy them from the Marketplace with Credits or hope I get Blueprint drops for them (any recommendations for a new rifle, sword, and pistol models would also be highly appreciated)? Also should I sell my old weapons once I've got new ones or keep them around to level up to max rank and what would be the benefit if any in doing that?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

6 answers to this question

First point: Yes, it is the latter, though it is only a reconmended range of levels.

Second point: Yes again.

Third point: The blueprints in the market place can only be found in the market place. As of yet there aren't any ranged weapons that have blueprints that drop or are awarded from alerts. You should master your current gear, as it will give a nice boon to your avatar rank exp.

The weapon restriction refers to your avatar rank, the level of the planet gives you some idea of how strong the enemies there will be. Though the real difficulty depends on your playstyle and loadout and how well you can handle some of the special mobs, so they are not realy that accurate.. the higher the planet leve, the higher the level of the enemies though, and that means increased HP and damage.

The MK.1 braton can be sold once you got another primary, as for example the Braton is a straight upgrade to it. There are quiet some weapons that can be aquired directly with credits and are quiet capable to carry you through the game. Just get a Braton or Strun (shotgun) for starter and level them a bit, once you do some alert missions you might come across some weapon blueprints for free, otherwise playing more will give you an idea what you actually want your weapon to do and than decide on fruther purchases depending on that.

Also, stay away from the Burston, it might look good on paper, but the majority of players find it rather underwhelming.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses Umbra & Feind :)

- If I'm not mistaken max warframe and weapon rank is 30 correct?

- Those weapons on the marketplace are just blueprints and still need to be crafted? Do they require various pieces from boss drops like warframes?

Edited by Valadus

The weapon blueprints that are available in the Marketplace do still need to be crafted at the Foundry; The materials required for them can be gained by going to missions/planets that drop the resources you seek. lBear in mind that some weapons (Bolto, Akbolto, Afuris) require you to select which weapons you want to use, and in some cases you need two separate types of the same weapon to craft them.

Usually, these types of weapons don't require boss drops, but common materials throughout the world.

Also, yes. At present the maximum level is 30 for equipment.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

aye completely true.

weapon and warframe ranks cap at 30

all those blueprints (BP) still need to be crafted.

Warframe's are a little other thing tho. they need System BP Chasis BP and Helmet BP and a orokin cell plus (all these are gotten from a boss tied to that warframe) IE. Rhino is from jackal the boss on Venus and market place BP.

Thanks for the further clarifications Azure & Cerien. I'll try to keep all that in mind. As Feind suggested, I guess I'll just keep levelling up my starter gear till I get a better feel for what I would like to do and hopefully get some interesting BP drops along the way.