Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Container Idea

Saavedro

Add a new rare container to maps that contain materials found on that planet!

As someone who has been farming a lot of materials lately *coughrubedocough*, I think this could help the tediousness of farming a little bit and also add a nice reward to people who like exploring levels/farm a lot. A special container that once opened or destroyed pops out 3 - 5 materials that are found on that planet. Say you find one on Mars, open it, and 3 Gallium pop out! Or exploring Ceres and find 3 Alloy Plates (~60) and an Orokin Cell in a container. Wouldn't that be nice?

Most levels (if not, all) have special "dead end" areas, like so:

6tLiexY.jpg

Tfo2nFd.jpg

i0xPu9C.jpg

These rooms are usually way out of the way and I bet hardly anyone ever sees them. You could put these new containers here. If there's a possibility of getting a decent amount of materials, I think more people would go looking for these areas. I'm not saying these containers should be there 100% of the time, but every so often would be nice.

Thanks for reading!

-Saav

I think people are missing the point of the topic.

The OP is not talking about the containers and boxes that already exist int he game, I'm sure he/she is already aware of those. The OP is making the suggestion that another type of box/container should be added to the game that very rarely spawns but when it does, it is guaranteed to contain useful items.

As it stands you could go out of your way to find one of the 'reward' rooms and find that every container is locked. Even if you find that some are unlocked you could be unlucky and open them to find only a few credits and some ammo.

https://forums.warfr...you/#entry82763

Hardly anyone ever sees them? I see at least two each mission.^

I'm glad you see them, but I'm sure there's a ton of players who have never been in these areas before because they go in, do the objective, and leave as fast as they can. You really only find them going the opposite way of the objective...

The OP is not talking about the containers and boxes that already exist int he game, I'm sure he/she is already aware of those. The OP is making the suggestion that another type of box/container should be added to the game that very rarely spawns but when it does, it is guaranteed to contain useful items.

As it stands you could go out of your way to find one of the 'reward' rooms and find that every container is locked. Even if you find that some are unlocked you could be unlucky and open them to find only a few credits and some ammo.

Ainsworth, yup people might get unlucky to find the reward room completely locked or has useless prizes. An example would be that I found three reward room only found little unlocked lockers with ammo that I don't even use.

Exactly. Of the few times I've been to these areas, generally only 1 locker is open (or in 2 out of 3 pictures I provided, none), and it just gives me credits and/or ammo. Big whoop. I just think it'd be great knowing there might be some guarenteed useful items when going way out of my way to hunt down materials.

Edited by Saavedro

honestly containers in general feel like they need some sort of buff or increased incentives. Right now they're really only worth scavenging through for the chance of rubedo/alloy plates you can occasionally get out of them in the areas that even drop them. The credits are not particularly noteworth at low levels, and at higher levels credits are irrelevant to anything really. The ammo can be convenient, but if you're looking for them for ammo, then you probably need to look at your equipment setup. Energy/Health orbs are nice too, but you're likely to use as much as you gain by going out of your way to search for these beyond the main mission path.

I forget where, but at some point I remember reading the message about searching areas to find rare mods and blueprints, right now mods only drop from enemies, and blueprints only from bosses and ? rewards, boxes and chests (and to a lesser degree exploring) dont really come into the picture for acquiring any kind of equipment or much of anything of relevance to progression.

So yes, rare boxes/lockers sounds like a great idea to me, as well as making lockers more interesting to look for, right now I just do it because I personally like to hunt for stuff like that and some completionist tendencies (as well as the misguided belief that credits are of any value to me anymore).

And make Lotus warn you that there is a special container in the map "somewhere".

+1.

took reading through all this post to convince me its a good idea. I hope they implement this and make sure that said item finds itself on lootradar.

And make Lotus warn you that there is a special container in the map "somewhere".

also +1.

it woud also be cool if one of the challenges was to explore every room or to take loot from "x" number of containers.

I'm the kind of player that will check out all rooms in a map, instead of barging through it as fast as possible. It would be nice if they gave us a proper reason to actually do so.

Same here. And if I forget to set my game to solo/private while farming mats I always get joiners that rush mission objective then run straight to extraction. Some of which then start getting upset because I didn't rush to extraction with them and am currently murdering 50-100 more enemies looking for more material drops.