Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp looks cool

-Mogul

Shame I have to grind a boss that is designed to be played once and never done again

• The overbearing giant overlay of space mom talking makes the platforming sections of the gas city needlessly frustrating to try traverse 
  • The boss 1 shots me through my 238% power strength rhino iron armor
  • The hitbox on the grab attack is absolutely whack
  • The animation of getting on top of the ropalolyst takes what feels like way too long

In summary, this boss is a "unique" encounter that I'm sure is fun with others but warframe has always been about content being able to be solo'd, there aren't any players still queueing for this boss meaning it feels like an absolute crapshoot whether I kill it or not and even on a successful run I will often die multiple times and take what feels like way too long.

As much as I appreciate that the new bosses feel more like "bosses" and not just slightly higher hp encounters, it doesn't blend with the way we grind bosses for warframe parts. Most of the other frame farms that require a boss are easy bosses you can just brute force repeatedly for about 20 mins - an hour and get it down, I don't find it satisfying to play what feels like one of the most difficult and agonizing fights where I'm dying half the time and on the chance I do actually kill it, I still have a chance to not get the part I need 

Update, as of today I've finished the farm, the boss becomes significantly more tolerable with friends, it still has a lot of the same problems though, like the mounting animation taking way too long, the boss still seems to 1 shot everything in sight and we spent half our time in runs reviving each other. I feel that this boss is still frustrating and angering with friends but it needs a rebalance when it comes to solo

On 2020-03-07 at 1:02 PM, -Mogul said:

The boss 1 shots me through my 238% power strength rhino iron armor

Don't forget Iron Skin takes into account the frames Armor value too.

It seems like during certain stages of the fight it "resets" your frames position, much like how if you fall into a death pit, you lose all currently active abilities. Iron skin included.

As soon as you've taken control of it and steered it into one of the capacitor things, it resets you back to the middle platform, IMMEDIATELY recast iron skin, then it can't one-shot you. You must also get behind one of the blocks and take cover, as its attacks do hurt significantly.

Once i got the hang of the wierd mechanics, it's really no worse than any other boss.

On 2020-03-07 at 1:02 PM, -Mogul said:

The overbearing giant overlay of space mom talking makes the platforming sections of the gas city needlessly frustrating to try traverse 

I agree with this, it feels like i'm having a stroke in one eye! I mean, at first it looks cool, but she NEVER SHUTS UP!