The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Info On Jaw Sword...?

omgfail

Question

Since I started playing Warframe I've thought that the Jaw Sword looks pretty darn awesome. However, the BP hasn't dropped since then, and the with the listed stats being worse than the Cronus, I'm kind of wondering if I should bother saving a weapon space or Orokin Catalyst for it. I've heard people say that it has longer than normal range, and that it has a unique jump attack. Are either of these true? As amazing as the Jaw Sword looks, if it's worse than the more common melee weapons, I don't want to get my hopes up for it. :/

2 answers to this question

i can't tell for sure about the range, i've not yet finished testing the sword's "range" because they seems to be hard to tell

i'm testing melee attack's range by standing at the furthest point starts from about 2 m from a Storage Container, and get close a bit by a bit, slash your sword once, get close, once, up to the point you hit the Storage Container. take some screenshot to make a better comparison with other sword.

about the Jump Attack or Ground Slam, the Jaw Sword's been changed a bit as pre patch 6 with it is now, at the moment, there's a chance that light armored enemies will go explodes, or dying enemies will, but the chance seems to be more random compared with it's previous. the downside from this is as a single handed sword, Jaw Sword's area of effect is sadly too small to be effective

so i'd recommend not to get a Catalyst for this sword yet.