Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Properly weaving new content into your narrative.

BouzuJunzo

So over the past few months, I've been spending a lot of time in Destiny 2 ever since it went CHEAP to play. Warframe was my rescuing game when the original Destiny came out, so it's ironic that thanks to lack of engaging content for Warframe, I've spent so much time with the game that got me into Warframe to begin with. In having played so much Destiny and seeing what could actually be awesome in Warframe, here's what I've found.

1. There is A LOT lore in Destiny 2, but there are A LOT of missions in that are derived from that lore. The best thing about Destiny 2 missions is that in their open worlds (and ALL of their planets are open worlds), is that there are players running around when you drop in and can start missions anywhere in those open worlds almost. Which means that if you have a fire teams, you don't have to back out and drop back in. There are mission markers everywhere and you can just start a mission to gain weapons or gear AND get points towards quests and other activities. Imagine linking all the tilesets together into one long open world experience on Earth, Phobos, Neptune, Uranus, or Pluto? What about linking the other tilesets on Venus to the Orb Vallus as access points? What if you took the lore entries in the Codex and made story-relevant missions out of them? Missions that tied up the loose plot threads in the codex entries? Imagine how much content you could get out of that?

2. The one thing I don't like about Destiny 2 is randomly-rolled weapons, but they literally have THOUSANDS of weapons. Also, you have a limited number of weapon mods that you have to slot into armor and weapons. Warframe is the polar opposite. Warframe has thousands of mods for a limited number of weapons. What if you split the difference? Drop out all the useless weapon mods and instead get a random weapon out of basic missions that you could disassemble to improve pre-existing weapons?

3. Destiny 2 has a MASSIVE amount of quest content. So much so it seems like it takes a new player forever to get through it, but there's always something to do. You can BUY mini-quests from vendors that provide you with points to get an almost limitless amount of armor and other little things that keep you engaged. While there ARE bounty vendors in Warframe, once you have everything in the game, which isn't hard to do, there's no point in going back to Fortuna or the Plains of Eidolon. I have a couple of friends that started the game just recently and within 2 weeks, they'd completed all the content to get to Railjack. Two weeks. Helping them play for a few hours a day, they were able to grind through nearly all of the available content within two weeks. I've been playing Destiny 2 New Light for nearly 3 months and I'm STILL not even done with the main story content, let alone all the quests, mini-quests and side content. I've been playing Warframe for 6 years and I'm BEGGING for more engaging content. 

I used to be one of the biggest DE stans out there. I've gotten a bunch of friends into the game that have since left because there are points where there's simply nothing left to do or the rewards just aren't worth the grind anymore. Warframe is a game now where I jump in for 10-20 minutes at a time because I want to kill waves of enemies, then I jump over to Destiny 2 or Persona 5, or Kingdom Hearts, or maybe watch some YouTube or literally anything else. I want to get that feeling I used to have at first or even the feeling I have with Destiny 2 or Spider-Man PS4. I used to love this game and now it's just something to do between other games. Take our advice DE. Gamers know what we want and know what we like and we don't want to see this game go by the wayside.