Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Objective Changes - Idea for Continuity

The style of Defense Objectives, or the way that they are designed should be changed to fit not only the level design but also story continuity.

From planets Venus-Ceres(and Lua), should be our default Cryopods. We're waking up our Tenno within these terrestrial planets! "Tenno, I need you to defend the objective until I am able to complete the Cryopod's 'warm-up'(BNP) sequence." Or something like that for early Terrestrial planets.

From Jupiter and other Corpus Planets beyond Jupiter. On these selected corpus planets our space mom might want us to take an EMP Generator until it charges. So what would happen after round five? "Tenno, I need you to defend the objective until it changes it's blackout pulse. The longer you defend, the more damage you'll do to the corpus lab." I think that this is important. This goes along with the corpus being more dangerous out beyond the Terrestrial planets in the Sol system. Not only that, but I also think that this will help provide that enforce our bias towards the corpus.

From Saturn and other Grinneer Planets beyond Saturn. One these selected grinneer planets our space mom wants us to take out Cloning Labs, Kuva Siphons, Defend Bombs to blow up labs. "Tenno, I need to you defend the bomb until the timer is counted down." or "Tenno, I need you to destroy this Cloning Lab by injecting it with special clone killing juice".

The biggest non-issue issue I have with Defense missions is that while I'm over on Jupiter or another non-Terrestrial planet, I hate seeing that Warframe Cryopod. It made no sense to me whatsoever that we're defending cryopods this far away from the Reservoir, are far enough distance from Luna to not make sense as to why the Orokin would hide them in these planets were the Sentients and the other Bios are trying to rid the system of these pods. Now, I do understand that some people might make the same counter argument where it's easier for the Orokin to hide it throughout the whole system. I do see this as being an advantage for them to hide in the rest of the system because more space to hide means more time searching for the Warframes.

I know and FULLY understand that these changes will never be implemented because it's been 6-7 years since Defense Objectives were this way and DE really hates listening to their community from what I've been seeing their reactions not only on Twitter but also how they treat their Partners who have some real S#&$ to say.

I just wanted to turn this into a discussion becuase my friends and I were ranting about these "needed" changes all last night, and we're not even partners and Warframe partners have been trying to push something like this sort of change for ages now but DE wants to make Drama and play the victim of their own demise. 

• Like 1