The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Electroseekers

Cakes

Question

They zap you and make you cry/rage until a teammate comes to poke you. Got that much so far from in game prompts popping up and choice words being typed in Squad Chat. A few questions about their mechanics so I don't have to keep shotgunning my fellow Tenno in their no-no areas.

[1] Does the Grineer Seeker need to be alive for the balls to activate? And if so, can a Grineer Seeker activate electrolls they didn't personally launch?

[2] Why am I covered in red electrolls but I'm not being zapped/disabled? Does their red coloration signify anything?

[3] Does killing the Grineer Seeker disable the electrolls they deployed and are still rolling around?

[4] Is there a limit to the number of deployed electrolls a single Grineer Seeker can have out on the field? i.e. one zapped Tenno per Seeker, or one Seeker to zap them them all and win one for the Grineer cause.

[5] If a Loki swap teleports with a Grineer at the last second, will the electroll zap the Grineer?

Also noticed that dodgerolling removed red electrolls from me.

4 answers to this question

Red seeker balls are basically sticky bombs and from what I've seen killing the seeker does not disable the orbs, or atleast the explossive ones.

I've also had 7 balls chasing me at once, so I do not know about a limit.

Orbs do not seem to stick to Grineer.

Edited by Aedensin

When playing solo, they do not stun but only behave as the red sticky bombs.

Rolling makes them drop from your warframe, so they are not a big deal.

When playinging in group they are annoying, and it's easiest to have your teammate slash them off you instead of firing all over you in the hope of hitting it.

I believe that killing the grineer seeker deactives the stun balls and makes them behave in a normal sticky bomb fashion, but I'm not sure as I think to have seen this only once or twice?

The balls will still roll around without the seeker though.

Don't know their limit but I've seen one roll three balls at least.

ofc, if you're fast you can destroy the orbs when they are rolling towards you =)

The combo of Grineer seekers that stun you and the teleporting flamehands is a killer that makes those levels a bit more challenging than your averige grineer slaughterfest though :)