Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Alert Mode - Sentient Crusher Alerts

SoulCancer86

A mix of Eidelon hunting style game play and Kuva Linch random unit generation mixed with Rail Jack missions. These Alerts will cause you to go back to maps that you already played as once I am done with a map, I very rarely go back and even then, its the same as when I played it before.

The Lore.

The Grenier and Corpus know that the Sentients are returning to the Origin system, and they are preparing. Each side is creating larger and larger Sentient Crusher Units and field testing them around the system. These Crushers are designed to stop and then reprogram Sentients to their respective factions so stopping them is top priority to the Tenno.

As the Crushers reprogram the Sentients, the longer the Alert is active before you take the Crusher down, the higher the number of reprogrammed Sentients appear in that factions maps and during the battle. This can be like the Lych's territory where the Sentients have taken over maps and you have to go and terminate them to clear the area. 

The Game play.

First stage: Rail Jack.

• You receive an alert that one of these new Sentient Crushers appeared in the system and you need to take it out. They are carried on large ships that are heavily defended so a Railjack would be the only way to board it. The only way you can find out where they are landing is by getting in your Rail Jack, doing the mission where the ship appeared, start that Rail Jack mission, fight your way through the mission, enter the enemy ship, kill the Captain (or not), and hack the computer to receive the landing coordinates for the new unit. Here is where you get the details of what the specific Sentient Crusher is and how long you have to attack it to help you prepare as there are several different types and various strengths. 

Second Stage: The Prep

• Now that you know what the Sentient Crusher is, you need to go and get some parts that are elsewhere in the system to use against the unit, 2 or 3 parts to create the "kill device". This is what you use when the Sentient Crusher is almost dead to put it completely down. This can be a variety of missions from Spying (to download the component blueprints) to Hijacking (to stealing the Kill Device components) to Arch Wing (destroying the ship that is transporting the device's components).

Third Stage: The Attack

• Once you get the location data from the Rail Jack mission, and the Kill Devices you go to that specific map (Plains, Fortuna, and Arch Wing maps included) you and your squad can go and kill it. these Sentient Crushers take a long time to kill and require the Kill Device to finally take down at the end. 

Fourth State: The Clean Up

• Depending on how long you waited to take out the Crusher, the reprogrammed Sentients will have gained territory maps you need to take out. So each map would have more and more Sentients to kill before clearing the map. These maps would have a set amount of Sentients (scaling up depending on how long the Crusher was active) you need to kill along with that faction's enemies, but to complete the mission you need to kill all the Sentients. 

Types of Sentient Crushers:

Titans

• These are large, large Eidelon type Crushers that mainly roam around the Plains or Fortuna. Some of them appear in other maps that have large open areas. They can call down air strikes and troops. Each is specific (Large lumbering with heavy and slow attacks. Large and thin that move and attacks quicker. Etc.)

Arial Titans

• Plains, Fortuna, Rail Jack, and Arch Wing missions. These are flying Crushers that do not land and you need to use either your arch wing or Rail Jack to attack. There are smaller Crushers that appear in Plains, Fortuna, and Arch Wing missions, there are VERY LARGE ones that appear in the Rail Jack missions that only Rail jacks can finish off but you do need Arch Wings to take out several shield generators or turrets before the Arch Wing can use the "Kill Device" and take it out.

Behemoths

• These types appear in regular maps and are smaller to fit inside the levels. They are still much larger than regular units (think 15 feet tall) and are a force to be reckoned with. 

The Infection

• The only Infected Crusher. A single unique Crusher that is extremely hard to kill and rarely appears. For very experienced veterans of the game only. You need to attack it in parts. When you destroy a part of its body, arm, leg, head, etc, it will fall off and become its own mini Crusher that you now must kill otherwise it will reattach itself to the larger body with full health. The into cinematic is it destroying one of the other boss units.

We need "Raids" or something larger that makes us go back and revisit some of these early levels and things that are larger and require a full squad to fight.

Edited by SoulCancer86
  • Like 2

That sounds like...a lot of work. That's the issue with basically every major idea. The idea is good. But implementing it isn't easy. Then there's bugs. Then there's working from home due to Covid 19. To say it would be hard would be an understatement.

Also, why are you taking out the sentient crushers? I feel like lore wise it would make more sense to Hijack one to kill the sentients...or maybe to actually work with the grineer/corpus to take out the sentients. You're killing the one weapon made to defeat your sworn enemy. That doesn't make much sense.

Also this heavily reminds me already of Eidolons and Profit taker. I get the feeling that soooo many people would say that "DE iS oUt Of IdEaS" and that they should stop adding fights like these. Wayy too much criticism already from Scarlet Spear.

In my opinion you don't need a reason to go to older Railjack nodes. There hasn't been a reason to go to older standard planet nodes, so why bother doing it with Railjack?

But the idea sounds good don't get me wrong on that. I would love something like a Railjack Space boss.

• Like 1

A lot of work - Well, yeah. That's what developers do. They develop new things for the game.

Sentient Crushers - Lore can fix why the Warframes are destroying them. Maybe the Sentient Crushers are designed to stop, and recode the Sentients to be on their side instead of just destroying them. So, the longer this alert is active, the more Sentients appear when you fight it, or on missions of that particular faction. So, if the Corpus Sentient Crusher has been around for a few days, then any map with Corpus will have increasing amounts of Sentients in them. This can be like the Lych's territory, where the Controlled Sentients are spreading and you need to clear them out making them all Extermination missions.

Reminder of Eidolons - Kinda, but these are randomly showing up on all maps and not specific units that are always around only a specific map. The Eidolons and Profit Taker are bosses that you can attack at any time, for the most part. These Crushers have time frames when they are around and consequences for not attacking them. Also, what DE can do is level these Crushers up so people dont just solo kill like the Eidolons and Profit Taker. "Crusher level 3" "Crusher Level 60" Etc. 

Railjack Nodes - I was thinking since these things are large and still in "Development" by their respective factions, they would be stored on board large ships that are deployed to planets to test the Crusher. With that, they would be heavily defended, so a Railjack would be what could break through. Also, this would get people to go back and replay Railjack missions as this is also designed to have people go back and replay older lower level maps.

Scarlet Spear - So angry I didnt get to play it before it ended. I wish they wouldn't make those events ending for people who only play Warframe every now and then.