Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]What if Warframe had a darksouls like gamemode.... stop looking at me like that it's a serious thread

Ice-Ragex

Hello , i am just like you a warframe player, (but a better one cuz i am rank 23 and i have a huge doggo) and i feel like i have reached the end game, (i don't have that many hours in, just around 1200 on steam, really a very short game , probably will ask a refund of initial cost)
i don't feel rewarded anymore for playing and i also believe that this is due to the lack of proper "infinite content" (Because we all know infinite content is not infinite, it ends with you getting banned 2 weeks and moaning like a 12 year old on meth trying to explain how the heck you have found 16 hours in the day to play non stop and how the heck did you survive that long without any exploit or bug use)

I do know my fair bit about neuroscience (and it really doesn't help all that much, but i like to flex over that along with my AI and deeplearning experience, heck off) and something i really like about it is that, the game itself can be fun but you always get used to that amount of fun. (it might be called diminishing returns, and has something to do with logarithm , but in engineering we don't study that, however i can make a working 7 faces dice ain't that cool ?)
how could we make the game any better ? (Using my "i read some books so i'm an expert" degree and my "I have field experience constituted of one game made in 2 days in the middle of the Sahara that really just served me as a test bench and 3 other made to test my AI")

looking at the arbitration i though that DE could have done more to improve player experience (and obviously i could have done better since i did a 2d physics engine that almost never crashes when it doesn't have any object to do calculation with)

And i think i have found a solution (cuz i'm a fk genius, look i have spent 6 month designing a minecraft huge event with streamers and it almost did survive 3 weeks compared to the 3 month it was supposed to survive)
this new gamemode has one sole purpose and it's to make player do PVP the right way, (Because obviously it's what that games need, pvp)
the darksouls way. (Git gud ?)

here is the catch :
It's an asymmetrical gamemode , just like the scarlet spear event.
(hey, don't have to fix what ain't broken)

One team has to go through multiple gamemodes but with a good twist : (yeah like one or two if you ignore the sheer size of that paragraph)
- you can only regenerate at a certain spot and a limited amount of time. (mods,spells and lifesteal are disabled)
- your energy pool is VERY limited , it increases over time to reach your full potential at the end. (yeah, no trinity but i think you guessed it)
- Your mods are activated in random Order, you start with none activated (Because .. why not ?)
- When you finish a level you have to keep going with the exact same progression until you die. (And oh boy you'll die.)
 - Enemies have random speed value ranging from x0.85 to x1.20 (increase both attack speed and movement speed cuz then mobs gets unfair)
- Their speed scale inversely with their damage (from 0.5 to 2)  (so it is a little more fair until a toxic ancien with 50000 hp grabs your butt)
- The amount of enemies spawned is random but their healthpool is the same (which means either 50000 HP scattered over 1000 enemies, or 1 very... VERY beefy enemy)
-The amount of enemies tends to be very limited. (less than a hundred per level, sitting around 50)
-Their level starts at 34 (cuz that's the rules, ain't debating S#&$s, you havent graduated in sophism science so you ain't qualified like i am)
-Ammo are a very VERY rare drop from enemies, most of the time you can only find them in caches around the level
- some tenno can come and join you to try to kill you (you'll soon understand)
- I added a line because it would make the text look bigger for no actual purpose
- No seriously how's your day goin' ? y'all doing good in these times of need ?
- When you swear at the game, you loose 1 PLATINUM  and it calls both your mom and the FBI and your dad returns from buying cigarettes to tell you to shut up before telling you he need cigarettes and going out again

- Riven disposition are doubled ? (I'm really not sure about this one in all seriousness)

Now for the other game mode
It's an invasion gamemode, but how you invade depends on your syndicate (kinda like covenant in warframe)

-You can only play as an enemy monster (or a stalker if you are lucky enough to invade a boss level)
- You don't get any special tenno ability, only the monsters moveset is available (Cuz you have none IRL, so that you feel the immersion)
- Killing someone grants you a reward, killing all players double the amount of rewards. (Just like in real life i guess ?)
- You can choose to control the swarm or an individual (So i can finally have friends that play with me cuz i have none probably due to my personality their inability to understand how great i am)
- You are scaled off the current level. (Yeah good luck with that)

the clear advantage is :
The first gamemode is not THAT hard to code and depending on the reward, it can actually be a very very fun experience.
(Because obviously i am not underestimating development cost and totally have all the precise information of what optimization where put in place that could render that harder.)

Edited by Ice-Ragex
Making it fun
  • Like 1

Don't you have any opinion on this suggestion guys ? i would love to hear from you
tried to make it funny so it's easier to read 
But it's a genuine idea from me, not just a complete troll

Edited by Ice-Ragex

it's interesting, the limited ammo drop would mean you'll eventually be reduced to just 1 weapon in your arsenal of many (though using ammo regeneration mods might still work?)

i do remember them working on a stalker invasion mission type. which kinda sounds similar to half your ideas in this...
i don't even think you need the pvp aspect in this

i mean it's supposed to be a very "ressource management" thing where HP are a precious resources, but so are ammo , and if you used all the ammo you had, tough luck you have to melee strike and if you take hits, you are going to have a bad time.

It makes the game harder by not allowing common loophole (like infinite energy)
And punishing the player for being inconsiderate.

Riven disposition doubling makes weapons crazy strong when you do have a riven adapted to it
it give an interest to very much unused riven weapons
and kinda balances the game.

It also becomes a horror game when you get invaded, but in a fun way.