Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(suggestion) Railjack Expansion

wingzero17

So I was just playing a railjack mission to get the nightwave achievement and I really love railjack.

My wish here is to see it being expanded upon and integrated more into the rest of the game

One of the things I ended up talking about with a clanmate of mine was to have like Archwing Canons in the open world sector that would shoot you and your team into orbit into your railjack
(or do that thing in the original tennocon video, whatever)

This would allow for a really cool expansion on assassination and capture missions.
Imagine starting a mission on the plains of eidolon, you're tasked to kill/capture a target there, story tells you they've been gaining a lot of power and control in the region and they need to be brought down to restore balance

you go to the plains, you get in a (definitely not easy) fight with the target.
You move through phase 1, and in a later phase (50% health ?) the target realizes he's outmatched and teleports up into a battleship in orbit
now you're tasked to get into your railjack and attack the battleship. take down the shield generators, invade the ship, finish the mission

this would result in a more seamless transition between missions and make the whole game seem more like a whole

i love how railjack caused archwings to have a reason to exist, i loved archwing missions when they came out but they felt so seperated from the rest of the game.

i also realize that this might take a while to get into the game, if it's even on their minds at all, but all the systems are pretty much in the game already
the move into an archwing canon or railjack picking you up gives the game time for a loading screen like you'd get with your oribiter in regular missions except now you see your railjack or 4 archwings flying into orbit.