Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

Not playing X much atm. focusing on Black 2 first... 4 tries to beat the Elite 4 i got to the champion twice. lost all 4 times. in X went to elite 4 unprepared. i won even beat the champion.  X is a game thats too easy... And i still cant makie heads or tails of all the IV and EV things.  Im trying to figure it out but i cant even figure out how i can breed a pokemon with "Perfect IV's"  Okay breed a Pokemon i got that. But what the then? The offspring will have the same IV's as the parents how will you get the rest?  hell i played Gen III seems things like that existed then aswell. i never knew.  Is it even sure those things exist/affect something?  I cant find much official for all i know its mumbo jumbo. (cause it sounds like that to me.)    Can someone explain it? And try to explain it in a way its easy to understand. I played/play alot of Pokemon but i never knew those things im still amazed people managed to figure those things out. i used to think "natures" existed to give people a sense of the Pokemon having  a personality

IVs are inate values given to pokemon that affects the amount of that stat they will get. 3 of those stats are transferred from the mother and father to the child. It becomes 5 transferred when one holds the destiny knot, an item. Natures further affect the amount of a stat, by increasing one, and decreasing another. They can be kept with the everstone items. After you defeat the elite 4 and the champion, you have access to this island with an IV judge. He'll tell you what your perfect IVs your pokemon have. Friend safari makes breeding even simpler. Pokemon from friend safari will have 2 perfect IVs guaranteed. EVs are increases to a stat through battles. They can be increased through holding specific pokemon items and battling pokemon. Ev training has gotten easier this generation with the addition of super training. Doing specific balloons increase the stat you want.

IVs are inate values given to pokemon that affects the amount of that stat they will get. 3 of those stats are transferred from the mother and father to the child. It becomes 5 transferred when one holds the destiny knot, an item. Natures further affect the amount of a stat, by increasing one, and decreasing another. They can be kept with the everstone items. After you defeat the elite 4 and the champion, you have access to this island with an IV judge. He'll tell you what your perfect IVs your pokemon have. Friend safari makes breeding even simpler. Pokemon from friend safari will have 2 perfect IVs guaranteed. EVs are increases to a stat through battles. They can be increased through holding specific pokemon items and battling pokemon. Ev training has gotten easier this generation with the addition of super training. Doing specific balloons increase the stat you want.

So with the heracross you gave me, If I wanted to make it a super beast then maxing out it's speed and attack, or any 2 stats then leveling it to 100 it would be a beastly beast?

So with the heracross you gave me, If I wanted to make it a super beast then maxing out it's speed and attack, or any 2 stats then leveling it to 100 it would be a beastly beast?

Yup. It'll reach it's max attack with the nature on it, too. It's basically at it's maximum potential. If you mega evolve it and give it bullet seed and pin missile, both attacks will hit 5 times (rock blast included). Even without mega evo, it's a beast.

That's called a physical sweeper, it'd be beast. Check http://www.smogon.com/'>Smogon for recommended builds, but you don't have to use them. I might use the EV sets, but I don't use the movesets. 

Yup. It'll reach it's max attack with the nature on it, too. It's basically at it's maximum potential. If you mega evolve it and give it bullet seed and pin missile, both attacks will hit 5 times (rock blast included). Even without mega evo, it's a beast.

I have X, don't got a stone for heracross :( 

That's called a physical sweeper, it'd be beast. Check Smogon for recommended builds, but you don't have to use them. I might use the EV sets, but I don't use the movesets. 

I'm probably not using that site correctly, I didn't see heracross on the list on the page lol, Or do you mean looking through the forums it had. 

Not playing X much atm. focusing on Black 2 first... 4 tries to beat the Elite 4 i got to the champion twice. lost all 4 times. in X went to elite 4 unprepared. i won even beat the champion.  X is a game thats too easy... And i still cant makie heads or tails of all the IV and EV things.  Im trying to figure it out but i cant even figure out how i can breed a pokemon with "Perfect IV's"  Okay breed a Pokemon i got that. But what the then? The offspring will have the same IV's as the parents how will you get the rest?  hell i played Gen III seems things like that existed then aswell. i never knew.  Is it even sure those things exist/affect something?  I cant find much official for all i know its mumbo jumbo. (cause it sounds like that to me.)    Can someone explain it? And try to explain it in a way its easy to understand. I played/play alot of Pokemon but i never knew those things im still amazed people managed to figure those things out. i used to think "natures" existed to give people a sense of the Pokemon having  a personality

I think I should go back to black 2 just to make some preparations for transferring stuff over, but to be fair, I failed to beat diantha (goddamn mega gardevoir) 3 or 4 times in Y. IV's not passed down are randomly generated, so breeding before gen V/VI was a lot more random. and before gen VI, EV training was a lot more austere as well. even the natures until maybe gen V (I forget, definitely noticed it this gen) didn't show anything in the pokemon's status menu relating to which stat they increase or decrease

Oh she had Mega Gardevoir?  The heck she never mega evolved with me o.o then again when you are using a Lv 80 Delphox those types are down in one turn.  Delphox is the one pokemon i used like.. All the time every battle i fought with Delphox  Psychic and Fire attacks can make short work of alot.

I think she always mega evolves it. but yeah, delphox would be pretty good against it, resisting fairy and psychic types. Idk why I had so much trouble, I'd do fine through all her pokemon up to mega gardevoir, I wonder what my team was ... carbink, blastoise, blaziken, dragalge, heliolisk, and mawile. ah, now I remember, the key was I had heliolisk thunder wave her, then I was fine. until then, I had some problems (just realized my team was slow as S#&$. but how could I not use carbink? haha. mawile is just awesome, I don't have to make an excuse for that)

Not really that right about the speed part.

when heracross ME he loses 10 base speed making him pretty slow so i'd invest in some bulk since that gets boosted.

Not really that right about the speed part.

when heracross ME he loses 10 base speed making him pretty slow so i'd invest in some bulk since that gets boosted.

Yea thanks for the tip, I looked over a few things and realized speed isn't really worth investing into him. 

Oh she had Mega Gardevoir?  The heck she never mega evolved with me o.o then again when you are using a Lv 80 Delphox those types are down in one turn.  Delphox is the one pokemon i used like.. All the time every battle i fought with Delphox  Psychic and Fire attacks can make short work of alot.

Yea she always evolves it into Mega Gardevoir, it's the first thing she does. Buuutt the only difference is like the dress getting bigger so you may not have even noticed that xD

Yea she always evolves it into Mega Gardevoir, it's the first thing she does. Buuutt the only difference is like the dress getting bigger so you may not have even noticed that xD

I noticed it since she took longer to defeat then everyone before her :P.

Yeah i didnt notice it. then again might have looked away at that moment sooo... Still that Elite 4 + champion were easier than the Black 2 ones. I barely won on my 5th try  all the other times a full party of 6 combat capable pokemon. Now 5 compat capable pokemon and a Darmanitan of lvl 40. wich i was leveling trough exp share. Was just a casual try and i actualy managed. Lol.   Mhm. i wonder will Game Freak ome up with something similar to Pokemon Ranch and Poke Dream radar. for X&Y?

Yeah i didnt notice it. then again might have looked away at that moment sooo... Still that Elite 4 + champion were easier than the Black 2 ones. I barely won on my 5th try  all the other times a full party of 6 combat capable pokemon. Now 5 compat capable pokemon and a Darmanitan of lvl 40. wich i was leveling trough exp share. Was just a casual try and i actualy managed. Lol.   Mhm. i wonder will Game Freak ome up with something similar to Pokemon Ranch and Poke Dream radar. for X&Y?

Very true, the elite 4 and gym leaders in the game were really easily. I never found myself having to backtrack to level up a bit. It all breezed by pretty fast. Not how it used to be...

3odnbi.jpg ....bastard still haunts me... 

God, I got so peeved when I finally got a vulpix/ninetails to 5 IVs in the right stats, BUT THEN it just decides that it's going to switch from it's drought ability to flash fire. I can't do anything with it, either, because it's female.

Making a sun team?