The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

I dont really have any battle plans. Just accepted random single link battle. so i assume 4 pokemon as per standard rules. Considering im carrying a pokemon in training with me and an Egg i thought yeah do-able.  Turns my opponent had six pokemon and i only four -.-  his slower pokemon were faster than my Talonflame wich is my fastest pokemon beating Delphox.  Gods i hate those perfect IV's... considering they are a pain in the behind to get if you arent playing 24/7  i spend.. what 3 hours a day playing pokemon a bit. and then im doing other stuff. I think ill stop doing link battles and just focus on getting my collection of Pokemon growing.  Im trying to get as much Dragon types as i can get :3  (Dont care if OP Fairy beats em or Ice. im fascinated by dragons and thats the reason i like Dragon types so much.   And thats the reason i use Mega Garchomp so much. even if he gets beaten 99% of the time by Greninjas spamming Icebeam   Oh! By the way I have pinsirite and im looking to get Agronite. anyone willing to trade that? If it seems fair.  I dont really care about Pinsir sooo....  (I should have a Pinsir i can cram it on to trade. )

Edited by Marabunta5

Ive still got not that much of an idea of how it works but...  I think i can figure it out partialy anyways. i found the IV Judge. Azure or anyone else. tell me what is the best way to get atleast 2 to 3 perfect IV's ? Considering i already have some of the Pokemon i want the good IV's for. IE: Dragonite  Currently my Dragonair has Good defence and great HP Iv's with Dragonite having a Great HP IV.    using them as an example. how would i breed them to get Perfect IV's?  Considering catching them is hard.

(And forgive my english. Im terriburu at making correct sentence structures  thats called the advantage of school. where they expect you to know that stuff and dont teach it to you. -.- )

Ive still got not that much of an idea of how it works but...  I think i can figure it out partialy anyways. i found the IV Judge. Azure or anyone else. tell me what is the best way to get atleast 2 to 3 perfect IV's ? Considering i already have some of the Pokemon i want the good IV's for. IE: Dragonite  Currently my Dragonair has Good defence and great HP Iv's with Dragonite having a Great HP IV.    using them as an example. how would i breed them to get Perfect IV's?  Considering catching them is hard.

(And forgive my english. Im terriburu at making correct sentence structures  thats called the advantage of school. where they expect you to know that stuff and dont teach it to you. -.- )

Try to get a jolly natured one first,then give it a everstone.

Next give the other one the power item wich corresponds to the iv you want maxed.

When you get 3max iv's switch it for a destiny knot because it is better then.

I get Max iv mons under 1hour of they start of with 2perfect iv's.

Try to get a jolly natured one first,then give it a everstone.

Next give the other one the power item wich corresponds to the iv you want maxed.

When you get 3max iv's switch it for a destiny knot because it is better then.

I get Max iv mons under 1hour of they start of with 2perfect iv's.

Ooh nice. So a Jolly natured first..  That one gets the everstone huh. the other Dragonair/ite gets a power item to max an iv for its "offspring"   So when i get one with Jolly with 1 Max IV i put that one in the breeder? with another power item right? So i think the Jolly one with everstone should stay and the offspring with IV's should be replaced eachtime to get a better one eh?

Ooh nice. So a Jolly natured first..  That one gets the everstone huh. the other Dragonair/ite gets a power item to max an iv for its "offspring"   So when i get one with Jolly with 1 Max IV i put that one in the breeder? with another power item right? So i think the Jolly one with everstone should stay and the offspring with IV's should be replaced eachtime to get a better one eh?

yes,when u start with no perfect iv's it just takes longer so i' recommend getting some with good iv's.

adamant also works for dragonite btw.

If you wanted to kick start the process you could find a female Dragonair, get a Dragon Friend Safari and catch male dragons there.  They will always have two 31 IVs, so you'd want to catch a few to get a good spread which you can check from the IV Judge. Then I suppose you'd breed until you have a female Jolly Dratini, which should have at least one perfect IV if the male had a destiny knot/corresponding Power Item. 

From there, give your 1st Jolly Dratini the everstone, and give another male dragon with different Perfect IVs from the friend safari the destiny knot/power item. Breed until you have a Jolly dratini with 3 perfect IVs. From there, you can relatively quickly fill in the blanks. swap the Destiny Knot Item between Dragon pokemon that have IVs dratini wants, and go from there. 

One thing to consider is that Dratini eggs require you to take 10,240 steps before they hatch, double the usual time, so that may slow things down.  Have a pokemon with Flame Body available to halve the hatching time, and you can use the Hatching O-Power to speed things up further.

If you wanted to kick start the process you could find a female Dragonair, get a Dragon Friend Safari and catch male dragons there.  They will always have two 31 IVs, so you'd want to catch a few to get a good spread which you can check from the IV Judge. Then I suppose you'd breed until you have a female Jolly Dratini, which should have at least one perfect IV if the male had a destiny knot/corresponding Power Item. 

From there, give your 1st Jolly Dratini the everstone, and give another male dragon with different Perfect IVs from the friend safari the destiny knot/power item. Breed until you have a Jolly dratini with 3 perfect IVs. From there, you can relatively quickly fill in the blanks. swap the Destiny Knot Item between Dragon pokemon that have IVs dratini wants, and go from there. 

One thing to consider is that Dratini eggs require you to take 10,240 steps before they hatch, double the usual time, so that may slow things down.  Have a pokemon with Flame Body available to halve the hatching time, and you can use the Hatching O-Power to speed things up further.

Adding to this: the best Flame Body pokemon you can use is fletchinder/talonflame, since it can fly you to the IV judge.

Time to find me some male Fraxures and Drudigons then. ( ive got 2 or 3 dragon friend safaris so yeah. ) Luck may have it that i already have a female dragonair. recently got hatching power.  had all the o-powers the style was lacking though. (70 premium balls bought 1 by 1 did the trick. okay 78 in my case since i didnt pay attention to how much i had.  ) Now im ranking the hatching power. 

Adding to this: the best Flame Body pokemon you can use is fletchinder/talonflame, since it can fly you to the IV judge.

talonflame isn't really for flying,it's more becaue it has flame body(hatch eggs faster) and can fly.

adding to that, it's not 2max iv's it's minimum 2max iv's you can find even 3/4iv's there.