Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bug With Ash 4Th Power And 3Rd Is Useless.

Notofthiswar

Lately i have been using frost good warframe but i still love Ash...now i decided i needed him for higher missions and i was right However....his 4th power is a life saver. But when i used him today....after a couple of kills he would fall through the map every time....which would cancel out the attack. after a bit it started to be alright then it started up again.

I did not have this issue in the past with him....however i did twice end up getting stuck bh a stair case because of that power and had to restart the mission.

AShes 3rd power is completly useless to me.....I teleport and before i can even use melee the enemy can hit me and or bring me down to the ground...

Its helpfull in some ways but....I never use it. its a waste of space....he need something else instead

Bladestrom's 'fall off the map' doesn't cancel the skill. It cancels when there's no target in range. Ash's ultimate isn't a panic button. It's actually best when there's a hoard of enemies waiting for you in the area as an opening move.

Teleport is useless. We all agree.

The thing is that I actually think it does. Why? Well because when you fall through the floor, game detects no enemy around you for some reason and it cancels the skill further execution. And yeah, I tested it. So right now, Bladestorm work perfectly only on flat terrain. Wherever you have enemies above or bellow your starting point, there is a good chance of skill failure.

I've started using bladestorm only when there's alot of enemies on the map because when you start to fall through the ground, the move teleports you again to the next enemy. if there's only like 4 people in the room I just use my regular attacks to finish them off. Bladestorm is really buggy because of the amount of times you are teleporting your character around the map, especially towards enemies that are moving as well. Teleport just plains sucks as well, it even made me fall through the ground as well. It feels like the animation and the time you get there are completely different in my opinion. The animation makes it look like you are still teleporting towards him, but in reality when you hit that teleport button you are already there instantly, waiting for your camera to catch up but the enemy is already readying his attack at you.

What I think is that they should change it alittle, keep the teleporting but instead make it a backstab move or something. Let me teleport behind him, even better let me teleport behind him and stab him through the back, just like those samurai movies and such. Ash feels like a ninja and a samurai put together. Yes he has alot of ninja moves but ninja's aren't masters of combat, Ash feels like he is the strongest with the blade.

The fix for Ash's 3rd and 4th abilities are simple.

Speed up the teleportation sequences.

Dota 2 is a perfect example in how this is executed where teleportation takes 0.2 to 0.4 seconds for each sequence.

Also the teleportation attack effects usually put the user of the ability ABOVE the target at an angle for attack, so they don't go inside the ground when enemies are on inclines.

Also if you instantly melee attacked the target of teleport, it'd be fine. Like a single target Bladestorm with a lesser damage.

Shazam! [/fixed]

Edited by Squidaga

Something i noticed with bladestorm (4th ability) is that when you host a game yourself

The skill tends to do things right: smoke effect, fisheye effect, teleporting to enemies without falling

If you join a random session however: no effects, regular camera, falling and sometimes fails to target enemies

Not sure if i can confirm but its better to use bladestorm when you host yourself then when you join others.

Edited by Blackchaosvortex

Something i noticed with bladestorm (4th ability) is that when you host a game yourself

The skill tends to do things right: smoke effect, fisheye effect, teleporting to enemies without falling

If you join a random session however: no effects, regular camera, falling and sometimes fails to target enemies

Not sure if i can confirm but its better to use bladestorm when you host yourself then when you join others.

Thats nice to know, I just grabbed Ash with some of my Founder Plat and that's really useful info.

Still, Its neccessary for them to fix this problem period. And it seems like a simple tweak to fix too, Just add an increase in the Y position for teleporting and tilt Ash to hit them at a downwards angle.