The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost 2 hours farm progress just by opening the app accidentally

--K--Sharkfin

Short and simple story. Lost 2 hours of farm when I was just checking my phone notification. Clicked on the foundry notice accidentally. Opened Warframe app. There was no warning message as it should have. As everyone would have expected, the game session on PC was terminated with the well known failed to update account error.

This is far beyond unfriendly. What went wrong:
1) The app doesn't always have the warning
2) The warning message is set default terminating other connections - if one closed the app with the message unanswered, other connections would be terminated whatsoever.
3) There is no way to tell if one's PC connection was terminated by the app until extraction.
4) A simple action is unforgiving, irreversible and punishing. 

I really appreciated how the app keep on evolving to deliver more convenience over the years, but I don't really see a reason why the app was set to be more important than a playing session of the main game. In my opinion, account data update should only occur if I actually changed anything through the app.

The read only actions such as browsing news, alerts and fissure states should be sectioned away from the needs to login an account. 

Please note my comment is based on the fact that the app would not be able to synchronise data together with other logged in sessions. Unlike some other games which actually make more sense and user friendly.  Having said that I am happy with what I could have right now, but please do not make it destructive.

I had the same issue. 

Was in a Steel Essence farming group for a bit over 2 hours.

Saw a notification on my phone that a Twitch stream is live, clicked it and the Warframe app opened WF forum webpage via Firefox.

No warnings or anything, lost all mission progress.

I sent support a request regarding this, but there was a huge list of conditions under which they do not recover lost gear. And they can only recover ONE item.

I requested my Steel Essence to be recovered but I doubt I will ever get it.

TL;DR: Don't use the mobile app if your game is turned on. Or just don't use the app at all, it is pretty bad currently. I just use it to build Formas if I am away from now on...

Archived