Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better mission exit management

Trako

There seems to be several different types of mission exits, from going to the extraction point, selecting whether to continue or to leave, leaving group to either leave or stay in a free zone, and getting to extraction that leaves players in the mission. Then there is the data conduits in Sanctuary Onslaught.

There were times I wish I could just leave the mission in a more graceful way, or in a less buggy way. A lot of the systems seem kitbashed together, and there isn't much education or even clarity on what kind of exist exists for which mission, possibly increasing the amount of bugs in the process.

In a mission where it's meant for all players to exist, such as extermination or mobile defense, timing down to leave makes sense. No issue there.

Where players can choose to leave, if there are issues with host migration, it might be better if the players exited if the host chooses to as well.

Where players are in an open area, more information should be given about the bounty interfaces, or giving the option to stay in mission if players are trying to leave. THere are many times I was pulled back to the doors in Fortuna or Plains when I wanted to do other things, and I was hosting with a friend.

Perhaps streamlining the exit types would be better in the long run to avoid further misunderstandings and bugs.

1. All leave.

2. Choose to stay or leave (possibly weighted with host because of migration issues)

3. Vote to leave after a Railjack or Open Area mission or bounty is complete, allowing others to join the next mission or bounty.

4. Vote on Data Conduit progress when there are times map glitches can cause a player to get stuck or be too far from the conduit.

Whether or not someone keeps all of their progress or resources shouldn't be a guessing game, and should also not be something that should be a worry in case of host migration, when many statuses are reset.

Archived