The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Catalyst, What Should My Priority Be?

CubedOobleck

Question

I finaly got my first Orokin Catalyst and I'm trying to decide what to use it on.

I got a Gorgon, a Braton Vandal, an Aklato, a Kraken, a Heat Sword and a Fragor

Should I upgrade a primary? I use the Gorgon mostly for the bosses but it's almost level 30. The Vandal is looking good so far but I haven't even reached level 15 with it yet.

If you think I should go with a secondary I'll definitelly go with the kraken as it's quite superior to the Aklato.

As for the secondaries, I just bought the Fragor but I bet it'll be stronger than the Heat Sword (I don't have good meelee damage and fire rate mods) which on the other hand is almost level 30.

I guess it also depends on what weapon get's the most out of the extra 15 nodes, but I'm really stuck on th choice.

Edited by CubedOobleck

8 answers to this question

It's best to go with the weapon you use the most, and dont plan on switching out too often, The catalyst alerts usually pop up at a decent rate. well they were anyways until today

I usually use the weapon I'm currently leveling up.

And don't say decent rates, because it took me nearly 50 hours of gameplay to find one :/

I usually use the weapon I'm currently leveling up.

And don't say decent rates, because it took me nearly 50 hours of gameplay to find one :/

Check the forums, when you see or know about a special mission which has a ? reward.

It's the same reward for everyone, so it's easier to know.

ive actually successfuly gotten 4 catalysts and ive played for about 3 weeks, plan which primary, secondary, and melee weapon you want to use, as it would be best to charge one weapon of each catigory according to what suits you.

First thing to consider is which weapon type do you [use most often]/[like using the most], your Primary, Secondary, or Melee weapon. Critical points in making this decision hinge on your playstyle and/or warframes available.

Next, from the weapon category you selected pick the weapon you like the most, ideally this will be a weapon you will not be throwing aside any time soon. Things that help in figuring this out include leveling this weapon to 20+ (ideally 30) to get a feel for its raw upgrade potential, a good understanding of the proper Mods to use on this weapon, and trying to figure out of DE will release a weapon in the near future that outcompetes this weapon for your favor.

Once the decision is made, click the button and you now have your first supercharged weapon and a good chance that the decision is a good one. After that, you would ideally want to supercharge a weapon of each type so all three weapon slots are supercharged, then branch out from there.

It's not an easy decision, especially since I'm getting the vibe that you want to pick a weapon that you will use for quite some time.

Supercharge a primary weapon and you gain access to 2 more mod slots. Do it to a melee weapon and you unlock 4 more mod slots. With a pistol, you only get 1 more mod slot.

I'd make your best primary weapons your top priority. Then your best melee weapons. Supercharge your pistols last, if at all. If you're not finding catalysts often, then try to choose weapons you might still want to use once they've hit max level. Personally I'd pick the gorgon first, but the vandal is a solid choice too.