The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So About That "daring Comeback"...

Anarties

Hahahahahaha.  Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Grineer offers 3 Mutagens vs Corpus's 200k Credits and wins handily.  Grineer offers 5 Felderon vs Corpus 100k and the node disappears in an instant.  Flip it around and have Grineer offering 100k Credits vs Corpus 5 Felderons and Grineer just about takes it (though there is a re-surge in the Corpus Spear front because of the Flux Rifle incentivising Felderon).  And you think things are being manipulated in Grineer's favor when Grineer win both sides of the same coin?  No.  Grineer's victory is undeniable.

It was rigged idiot. Do you even pay attention to Stevens posts? He clearly states he rigged the event in favour of the grineer.

People can say what they want.  Battle rewards were indeed one of the main causes of why the Grineer has stomped and will stomp corpus.  And yes, this is in fact is DE's fault on this cause.  Sure, they changed out the payouts after the first 3 or so battles but by then it was too late.  Large clans would have already invested heavily into the side that paid them well. 

Let me ask every single reader here who participated in the event:  If you grinded and got a bunch of good rewards and logged plenty of runs for a side, would you burn down all of your progress in this boring, repetitive runs to increase the grind back up to Tier 3 rewards just to change sides?  I think not. 

The system in place punished players who would've wanted to change sides, or entire clans that invested already.  To reverse all of that work and work on the side horribly behind would be stupid. 

Too little, too late.  The fair thing would have been to have seen this mistake, reset the entire event instead of boosting corpus battle pays and to at least reward the battle pays that had already been earned so the work wasn't entirely in vain. 

Now, I'd hope corpus at least gets blueprints of the rewards they fought for.  Its the very least that could be done to reward players who stuck it out with corpus knowingly its a lost cause.  They wanted the rewards for corpus badly enough to stick there, I don't see any reasoning on why they shouldn't get what they wanted.  Its not like it negatively affects any of the Grineer supporters.

Edited by CaliburxZero

People can say what they want.  Battle rewards were indeed one of the main causes of why the Grineer has stomped and will stomp corpus.  And yes, this is in fact is DE's fault on this cause.  Sure, they changed out the payouts after the first 3 or so battles but by then it was too late.  Large clans would have already invested heavily into the side that paid them well. 

Let me ask every single reader here who participated in the event:  If you grinded and got a bunch of good rewards and logged plenty of runs for a side, would you burn down all of your progress in this boring, repetitive runs to increase the grind back up to Tier 3 rewards just to change sides?  I think not. 

The system in place punished players who would've wanted to change sides, or entire clans that invested already.  To reverse all of that work and work on the side horribly behind would be stupid. 

Too little, too late.  The fair thing would have been to have seen this mistake, reset the entire event instead of boosting corpus battle pays and to at least reward the battle pays that had already been earned so the work wasn't entirely in vain. 

The system to me seems experimental due to the awkward manner in which this whole thing has gone. Although not directly DE's fault, it has literally split clans for crying out loud; I'm not sure if that was foreseeable as I wasn't there for the dev meetings, but it seems like something that could have been accounted for. I have said in other posts I'm in for the defense of the Mars colonies, meaning Corpus side, and the prospect of running a massive amount of missions which will play exactly the same in pacing and objective to undo that is not appealing to say the least.

The good thing is the extravagant rewards that have been acquired, the bad thing is the supporters of the losing side are basically punished; They get the weapon they don't want as a BP, the melee they didn't want, but a badge saying they supported the losing side and a sense of... Uniqueness? Oh well, the loot I've received from this event has been pretty awesome if not even a little overwhelming.

The system to me seems experimental due to the awkward manner in which this whole thing has gone. Although not directly DE's fault, it has literally split clans for crying out loud; I'm not sure if that was foreseeable as I wasn't there for the dev meetings, but it seems like something that could have been accounted for. I have said in other posts I'm in for the defense of the Mars colonies, meaning Corpus side, and the prospect of running a massive amount of missions which will play exactly the same in pacing and objective to undo that is not appealing to say the least.

The good thing is the extravagant rewards that have been acquired, the bad thing is the supporters of the losing side are basically punished; They get the weapon they don't want as a BP, the melee they didn't want, but a badge saying they supported the losing side and a sense of... Uniqueness? Oh well, the loot I've received from this event has been pretty awesome if not even a little overwhelming.

Agreed.  It isn't their direct fault though, but it is of course DE's responsibility to oversee and manage the situation and all foreseeable situations that may occur.  Having mission variety would have made this much better imo.  But like you, I am also a corpus supporter.  Unless the corpus community voices their unfair treatment in a strong, respectable tone then nothing about the unfair rewards for the end weapons will change and we will be stuck with Grineer weapons we never wanted.

Agreed.  It isn't their direct fault though, but it is of course DE's responsibility to oversee and manage the situation and all foreseeable situations that may occur.  Having mission variety would have made this much better imo.  But like you, I am also a corpus supporter.  Unless the corpus community voices their unfair treatment in a strong, respectable tone then nothing about the unfair rewards for the end weapons will change and we will be stuck with Grineer weapons we never wanted.

I don't know if respectful or not we will get what we want for supporting the corpus, but I think there's plenty of respectful voices criticizing this poorly-managed reward system.

Don't worry, they'll start setting some good Corpus rewards on like, Tuesday at 11am when no one is online or caring or playing, meanwhile Grineer got all the good rewards on the weekend (when most players spend more time online), etc.

Don't worry, they'll start setting some good Corpus rewards on like, Tuesday at 11am when no one is online or caring or playing, meanwhile Grineer got all the good rewards on the weekend (when most players spend more time online), etc.

._.

This thread is actually getting depressing to read -___-

So Steve said that they intentionally gave the Grineer a helping hand in the beginning since they needed to start off the invasion with some victories... did he not think that this will lock down a great portion of the playerbase to keep supporting Grineer, just so they don't have to grind extra missions to switch sides?

Hey! What's wrong with us gamers in the Far East getting a shot at good rewards?

:p

This thread is actually getting depressing to read -___-

So Steve said that they intentionally gave the Grineer a helping hand in the beginning since they needed to start off the invasion with some victories... did he not think that this will lock down a great portion of the playerbase to keep supporting Grineer, just so they don't have to grind extra missions to switch sides?

Most grineer supporters probably did 100 Grineer missions, and did the few Corpus missions that gave potatoes.

The thing that killed this event was that its a massive time sink.

And you can only invest it on one side. So the side that got favored by DE first won.

It is believed that they are reskins of each other.

Doing the exact same thing but with different effects and animations.

that's good to know. We are getting both the T3 rewards, so either way, I can supercharge one later.

on the matter of wishing I knew the differences, I was more refering to the Vandal Prova vs the Wraith Machete. I'm sure they are not gonna be near as good when compared to other end game melee as a Strun Wraith is to other shotguns, but if they are.....I'd rather....have the Prova?....but I'm ok with the machete for it's unique attack animations I guess.....I dunno.

(It better be one hell of a machete.)

Edited by Temphis

Lets hope that one guy can log in like over 100000+ victories for corpus in the remaining time frame...

This event was even worse than PGI's 3PV debacle in MW:O and that's saying something. Get on the ball, DE - If you're going to rig an event, do it subtly, not right out of the goddamned gates.

That's kinda what I would do if I were Grineer though. I know that Alad is a stingy old bastard, so I take a hit on good stuff, relying on that to sway the Tenno to my cause.

All Ruk did was make a better offer than Alad.(Lore-wise, anyway.)

Pretty sure the devs didn't truly understand the full force of mountain and moon clans all working together to achieve full victory. If scoring were more lenient and didn't make players go negative for choosing the other factions, maybe the comeback would've had a chance.

I believe I am interpreting this statement in a manner that is different than yours, but it holds the same "go negative" meaning.

I had a few pointers in mind, and feel free to engage it in a healthy manner. These are from what I have seen or from what I have noticed by the repetitions of others: (Note that I didn't read every single post, but as of the moment, I am at an attitude that DE should not change anything for this being a water-testing event of our game community, and any variation will result in bad experiment. So we should give our feedbacks when we can. While the appropriate forum will be in the https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/21-gameplay-feedback/'>Gameplay Feedback, I believe DE right now should also be taking notes from threads which are potentially growing to be of great discussions.)

or in other words, this.

These events are about bringing cool stuff out, but also to test new game types and improve them.  If it were me running the experiment, changing the hypothesis mid-run would make my results garbage.  There are some clear improvements to be made out of this for sure... but does any player really care whether the bots or the clones 'win'?  I think the team psychology effect is getting in the way of the mission type, causing corpus players to entrench, but either way they are enemy factions and we are all gonna gleefully stomp them both after we finish profiting from their conflict.

The best thing to do is just to find (or start) a calm, constructive criticism thread and write clearly what worked and what did not.  Pretty sure that DE sees clearly that the player base prefers to have rewards de-coupled from win/loss of supported faction.

So without further ado,

1. The phrasing. For the purposes of morality as a lot of Tennos want to do the, say, "right" thing, they chose the Grineer. I mean, who would want to "Sacrifice" our own kind? They would rather be "Loyal" to, themselves, instead of doing the opposite. Would I believe to be a Loyalist to the Grineer when I'm fighting for my kind? I'll just be riding their coattails. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Suggestion: We want a real dilemma. A morality Corpus compass choice is as what I would put it, an answer to a question. The problem is the difficulty in thinking of what kind of dilemma. The Tennos should be the main focus. What if no matter what you do the Tennos in the pods will be screwed? I mean, for us, who cares whether the Grineer gets stronger? (Unless you do and want us to tear them down later.)

2. The lore balance between the Grineers vs the Corpus. The Grineers had more marketing; the slogan, the sign(Even more so an icon when the Screenshot Event is to pin a Grineer) etc. What does the Corpus have? Moas. What did however the recent soldiers received? A Flux Rifle that has high aim-bot precision. In fact, subjectively speaking, Corpus lacks the reason for people to follow. it is my first time seeing the corpus logo, and I have no idea where that came from. 

3. The rewards. Now this can be broken down into...

3A. The first battlepay in Gradivus. That is where people make their choices and invest into them already. That sets the whole tone for the event. "First impression counts."

3B. Subsequent battlepays are actually quite balanced compared to the really skewered start favouring the Grineers. Although there were a couple which made people sacrifice the Grineer nodes just for the Corpus pay, it isn't all that significant because what people had done is already, as mentioned, invested run counts into them. Who would want to re-run just to balance or over-take it back? So much hassle, no one wants to grind. Also, DE did not consider some of the possibilities which might be "seemingly balanced." Acrid uses Mutagen Masses, there are more weapons than frames in WF and therefore Catalyst > Reactors, and Vanguard Rhino Helms are the helms to go.

Suggestion: Know what the community wants. I suppose part of it is to do surveys or trivia or even knowing the metagame. Do you know that the current popular warframes are Rhinos and Novas?

3C. The Tier 3 Reward. I actually do not mind which weapons we are getting, and as DE mentioned, it's only a matter of time before the other faction's weapons are released. (Which made me believe that they wanted the Corpus to lose so that they could work on new lores or polish up Corpus before they throw in another event with those as the reward, because point 2. But I digress.) The thing is, remember that firstly, this is a F2P game? The problem is that the winning faction will get the new weapon with it "super-charged along with a new weapon slot" I understand that DE wants to give motivation or incentive for the winning faction. However, this will cause an imbalance because people will side with the faction which will win. Now, because this is a F2P game, there will be players who will not invest a single cent in games. So, why would I want a BP when I do not have any weapon slots to contain it? I might as well just, you know, get the one with better stuff!

Suggestion: Instead of bumping up the reward for the winning team, do something like more role play or something like that. Using the final rewards as a motivation is going to make the majority sit on the fence and waiting for that last moment to shift to the winning team.

I could go on, but there are way too many threads and posts about these already. In fact, what I've covered should be out there in the forums, mentioned countless times. Hopefully DE creates a feedback thread just for this event alone, then people can "duke it out".

Perhaps statistically speaking, the minority could just be the Corpus after all; it's just that the Corpus are louder before the event.