Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Shield Osprey have a lower limit of mobs they can shield?

8bitzombie

Shield Osprey right now feel sort of broken to me; one Osprey can shield half a dozen or more enemies, has a blinding light that keeps you from aiming at it, and can continue shielding enemies from impossible cover locations. I feel like this makes Corpus levels unnecessarily hard; especially if you are playing solo, which I do from time to time.

The situation I recently found myself in had an Osprey shielding a lot of four standard MOAs, two Shockwave MOAs, a Railgun MOA, and a couple of Corpus engineers all while hiding in the rafters around a corner; as well as a camera that locked me in the room. Between the two Shockwaves and the Railgun MOA keeping me from moving to a vantage point to shoot down the Osprey or get to cover I lost all four of revives in less than a minute to constant damage against enemies that were impossible to kill. Situations like that seem a bit over powering to me, and I feel like even if I was in a group it would take a bit of luck to get around a situation like that. If this were an isolated situation I probably wouldn't think much of it really, but it seems to occur a lot in some of the higher level Corpus missions.

I feel like the Osprey either needs to have a limit on how many enemies it shields, say 2-3; or it needs to have a much shorter distance between itself and the enemies it is shielding so it can't hide off screen while shielding a room full of mobs.

Edited by 8bitzombie

Thing is, while the osprey is shielding 9 enemies (as the OP said), especially in a confined space while it continues to fly around like nobody's business, you don't exactly have room to maneuver if it flies behind cover (and they do). You're also going to be getting shot that entire time

In addition the very bright light from shielding many enemies combined with the game's bloom effects make them annoying to see and hit...especially considering the relative inaccuracy of most guns. They do die fast, but especially in solo situations, they can be very frustrating to deal with.

Restating a few of my opinions on Corpus, I feel their spawns are a bit too high (especially shockwave moas, getting chained with knockdowns is no fun at all), and as for the ospreys, the light should be a little less annoying/help a little bit more in hitting them (rather than hindering as it does now). Also, more enemies shielded = slower Osprey movement until it can't move at all. Or make the shield on each enemy weaker depending on how many it's shielding. Just some ideas.

It's a matter of scaling, not necessarily a matter of difficulty. I personally find Corpus to be not nearly as difficult as before owing to the fact that I'm packing a Gorgon with electric damage and multishot. But the fact remains they're quite a hassle for players with less experience or lack of access to such wonderful things.

I have bloom disabled as well, but they're still bright as all blue hell.