The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUG] Rolling

Rusalki

You may only roll in the direction you're facing, the roll speed is about base movespeed, and after you complete a roll there is a recovery time where you're unable to act. Additionally, you cannot reload in a roll - if you were reloading before you initate a roll, the roll interrupts your reload.

Considering these limitations, rolling is only useful in-game for minimizing your profile while moving from cover to cover.

I wonder if this was done deliberately, to inject some tactical shooter feel into the game, and keep melee from being overpowered? Unfortunately, it makes me feel like a sub-par space ninja.

-Being unable to do a sideways or backwards roll is frustrating, but due to the mechanics of the game, I doubt it'd be possible to address without a major overhaul.

-Roll speed isn't really a priority, but increasing it would be great.

-Roll recovery is the major problem with this ability. It makes rolling unviable in melee situations, and while shooting in mid-air, and simply slows the game down. I'd like it to be greatly reduced, or entirely removed.

-Reloading in a roll isn't necessary, but would help keep the pace of the game fluid, especially regarding shooting in air.

Before you hit the ground in a roll you can shoot your guns or use a projectile skill matrix style, but it's more eye candy than useful. I'm sure once we get big bosses that maybe charge you, then it will be useful as you can roll out of the way.