Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project : '' Katana '' ( With Sheath )

x_RAIDEN_x

From mechanical standpoint I'm thinking about a low crit chance (like 10%) high crit damage (3x or more) katana that has 100% crit chance on the first hit (the one that draws the sword from it's sheath, be it charge or normal attack)

I think that is a really good one :P I was thinking the same thing when you unsheath the sword with the special move it should do some extra damage in some way :)

Just curious, so instead of a more original design on the Katana, you are looking for a more futuristic but still holding its own authentic style, with the slight curve, and 1 sided blade? I might be able to have a friend make 2 types (if they want to), 1 more on the futuristic side, and one on the authentic side.

Just curious, so instead of a more original design on the Katana, you are looking for a more futuristic but still holding its own authentic style, with the slight curve, and 1 sided blade? I might be able to have a friend make 2 types (if they want to), 1 more on the futuristic side, and one on the authentic side.

Yes well personally i like the authenic more but because we now have a little community i also hear alot about wanting a more futuristic version so i think if he could indeed make both that would be just .... Awesome :D 

ok good to know!

im jusst waiting for him to get back to me about it, ill keep you updated.

if anything, if, the more futuristic one could be a skin for the sword, seeing as i think a more authentic weapon would fit better, but we are space ninjas, so who knows.

Your flipping out makes me giggle, Quinnswing. I'm  not that great of an artist and I don't do color but I'll be darned if I let this opportunity slide!

My "flipping out" is warranted!

edit: if i can get a good design/ picture i might be able to make a 3d image of it and/or computer design. do not get to hopeful im not very proficient in the 3d part.

Edited by QuinnsWing

My "flipping out" is warranted!

edit: if i can get a good design/ picture i might be able to make a 3d image of it and/or computer design. do not get to hopeful im not very proficient in the 3d part.

Sounds amazing as it is. I think we can really make this happen if we just put some effort in to this :)

I actually took classes in 3D so if I get motivated I could make the sword, but the sheath is out of my range in a reasonable amount of time since most people want something done quickly

on another note...

Traditional

http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/d711b854fbf4aec4fa03bcca5f2a9e18.JPG

d711b854fbf4aec4fa03bcca5f2a9e18.JPG

Futuristic

http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/e22f06d74f3900d549b19d17f2b6f90a.JPG

e22f06d74f3900d549b19d17f2b6f90a.JPG

Oooh very nice :)

Maybe on the first the handle has the be a little bit longer so it would be easier for both hands to fit,:P  But they look very good :D

On the futuristic one the lower one seems really awesome ;P the top on is losing its katana looks a little ( but still looks amazing ;)   )

I still have the files, I'd just need to modify the blade a bit. Perhaps tomorrow, today has been lousy for me so I'm not in much mood to model. Still, I'll be glad to make a katana version

edit: quinns the images should show up on the forum post, not just the links.

Edited by khimera