Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extremely Huge Lag Spikes

lautalocos

Question

this not only happens to me with warframe, but with every other online game.

i play a normal game with no lag, or a bit of lag if i play with people from other continents, but nothing i can´t handle.

since mid-october all the online games i played online have become unplayable.

i join a game with little latency (between 150 and 40 usually) but then midgame my ping goes up to 9xx for the whole, which makes the game unplayable. joining another game doesn´t change anything, the extreme lag stays.

anyone knows why this happens?

i play in south america, and before i had no problems with any online games. my iternet speed is of 1 MB, which is not much, but doesn´t explain this huge lag-spikes

any help would be appreciated.

edit: i already checked for viruses. no problems with that. my download and upload speed always stays the same, it only happens with online games.

edit2: forgot the most important fact. i have local internet, and a family member uses wi-fi. the thing is that he used wi-fi since a year, and i had no problems until recently.

Edited by lautalocos

3 answers to this question

You should maybe try having a bandwidth monitor running when you're having these large lag spikes to see if there's any irregular activity occurring with your data transfers during those time periods. Upload spikes could mean an issue somewhere in your house (check again with your family member and ensure they haven't had any large changes in activity).

Additionally, the area you're living in may have individuals creating a large amount of traffic for your service provider, causing them to throttle your internet (this may be true due to the fact that your problems have only been occurring recently).

If anything else, call your ISP and tell them about your issues. Since this isn't purely a Warframe issue, it shouldn't be a problem regarding it specifically--it's probably something in regards to the individuals providing your internet or something within your household.

You should maybe try having a bandwidth monitor running when you're having these large lag spikes to see if there's any irregular activity occurring with your data transfers during those time periods. Upload spikes could mean an issue somewhere in your house (check again with your family member and ensure they haven't had any large changes in activity).

Additionally, the area you're living in may have individuals creating a large amount of traffic for your service provider, causing them to throttle your internet (this may be true due to the fact that your problems have only been occurring recently).

If anything else, call your ISP and tell them about your issues. Since this isn't purely a Warframe issue, it shouldn't be a problem regarding it specifically--it's probably something in regards to the individuals providing your internet or something within your household.

thanks for the info. before calling my internet provider, i would like to test my bandwith. any link to a bandwith monitor if it´s not a problem?