Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leech - An Incomplete Frame

Black-Foxx

So this would be my first stab at making an assault frame.  So the idea behind this frame is that it was built to be a support frame but is unstable due to an inability to fully stabilize the technocyte virus.  Leech is unable to maintain his energy supply so he must steal it from others to supplement his powers.  When his energy reaches zero Leech starts to lose health (much slower that vampire on nightmare missions).  The only way to stave the effects of his innate flaw is to activate his siphon ability which slows down his energy loss

His stats would be

Health - 100

Power - 150

Armor - 75

Shield - 100

Sprint - 1.0

Two assault slots

Abilities would be

Ability 1 - Siphon - Leech releases a Tendril from his palm that attaches to target enemy draining it of its life

- Deals 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 damage

- Duration 3 seconds at all levels

-  Uses secondary weapon while tendril is attached to host. 

- causes energy to regenerate for 30 seconds (Leech receives 25% of damage dealt with siphon, after ability Leech receives a 30 second temporary regeneration of his energy.)

- this ability does not use energy to cast (can only attach to one enemy at a time)

Ability 2 - Left overs - Leech can restore energy of the carcass of fallen enemies (ability animation would look like rez ability)

- Leech can restore his health by feeding on the dead in the area

Ability 3 - Nausea - Leech vomits in a cone like area infecting enemies with his defunct technovirus

- Deals 25 / 35 / 55 / 80 damage per second (not affected by power strength)

- Duration 2 / 2 / 3 / 5 seconds (not affected by power duration)

- Enemies also receive permanent vampire effect (bosses suffer reduced damage of vampire effect and only lasts 30 seconds)

Ability 4 - Feast - Leech lets out a shrilling roar, energy and health slowly starts to drain out of nearby enemies and tenno

- Deals dot  2% / 3% / 5% / 9% damage to health and energy (not increased by power strength)

- Range 10 / 12 / 15 / 19 in game meters (increased by power range)

- Friendlies attacked by feast power gain enraged (gain 50% increased damage for 15 seconds and become immune to knockdown)

- duration 3 / 3 / 2 / 2 seconds (Leech takes 60% reduced damage while absorbing energy)

- Leech gains an attack buff equal to percentage of energy and health absorbed

- this effect lasts 10 / 10 / 13 / 15 seconds (can be increased by power duration)

So this is of course is not my final thoughts on this frame but I think he has potential and would be fun to play.  I have to think of some ways to work out his first power to work a little better, any help on that is welcome. Tell me what you think. 

Edited by Black-Foxx

One thing that stands out right away. 30 seconds is a long time.  Next time you are in a gun fight. Time yourself 30 seconds.  You will notice that you are already done with that fight and moving onto the next one.

The timing for Siphon would be better suited at 5 seconds or so (perhaps 10 to compensate for natural energy drain).

15 seconds seems fine for Feast since it is the ult.

Neat concept!

One thing that stands out right away. 30 seconds is a long time.  Next time you are in a gun fight. Time yourself 30 seconds.  You will notice that you are already done with that fight and moving onto the next one.

The timing for Siphon would be better suited at 5 seconds or so (perhaps 10 to compensate for natural energy drain).

15 seconds seems fine for Feast since it is the ult.

Neat concept!

Yes 30 seconds is not the time it take to give you energy it's how long you have until you start losing energy again.  I haven't completely worked it out yet, but you gain a percentage of energy from your attack and then you regenerate energy for 30 seconds afterwards, kinda like getting juiced from the attack.