The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Large Party Raids Be Considered Later?

__Kanade__

It's just an Idea since many MMO's use the raid system as part of their endgame where it goes from small 4 player parties to 10-15-20 man raids. Will Warframe ever get something like that? Where we all battle against one boss or small armies?

Star Trek Online has a very good raid system for their endgame content, and many raids for anyone above lvl 10 so it has a little bit of everything for everyone, not just for players who reach the lvl cap, and has a rather huge list of all sorts of 4, 5, 10 and 20 man raids for both space and ground combat.

Raids are a big part of any MMO.

Edited by __Kanade__

Yes please. I would love more massive raids, or different missions for the end game. I envisage something similar to fighting Jhen Moran in Monster hunter Tri; All the missions up to that point, and then BAM, something entirely different.

It would be awesome if players had to battle a giant infested or something; A great wall of flesh and sinew, destined to consume and destroy all that comes into it's path. Corpus Mechs the size of buildings, where Tenno have to attack critical parts of it's body to do major damage, things like that.

The devs have talked about this somewhere, can't remember where. But they said 1 tenno is devastating and it's a rare sight to see 2 tenno together let alone 4. Seeing 20 together reduces their cool factor. They don't have any plans right now to do larger "raid" type missions.

A big fat "NO, THANKS!" .

This is not a MMORPG in the traditional sense... Sure it has some MMO elements, but that's it (it's more comparable to Diablo 3 rather than WoW). This game is more focused around a singleplayer exprience and/or a co-op exprience...

What's the next suggestion? Need / Greed rolls? Auction house? Trade channel?

There are plenty of other MMORPGS that offers that type of end game you are looking for.

Edited by Sollet

Dunno about "raids," but something that would be cool might be to have larger scale missions, perhaps some larger version of alert missions, in which two squads (anywhere from 2 to 8 people, evenly divided) go on a joint mission, each given their own set of objectives to perform in the same map bringing about a sort of relay system. Say, Alpha Squad is sent to capture someone, while Bravo Squad is sent to defend a point until they are finished. People from Alpha Squad COULD stay and help the people from Bravo, but the guys sent to capture would have to be rad rad robotanks to make it through without getting chewed up by big bads. As soon as the capture target is retrieved, Bravo is able to advance to, say, a hostage rescue, while Alpha is sent to take out the ship's core, with the culmination and grand climax of it all being some big crazy boss that requires joint strategy to dismantle. Like having waves of enemies spawn on a second level that need to be thinned out so that those below are able to pick apart the boss uninterrupted or something. Maybe said boss has a heavy regenerating shield that, unless constantly fired upon, will steadily regenerate and make taking it down more difficult.

It feels like there's promise in the idea of a bigger, grander co-operative experience, but it's true that it should be used very sparingly. I believe that would lend itself towards more "end-game" content.

-Bea

I don't think this game needs raids, the current four person group seems perfect. I'd like to see some more challenging content balanced around this instead. Maybe modes like Time Attack or stages that force the group to split up.

Perhaps instead of traditional raids. You cap at 8, 12, or 16 you split into groups and complete objectives each section in order to unlock the final area or the exit if you like. These could be scaled lower for single team types but for boss versions each area has a boss that requires two or more to kill and a timer on the repair of each part so if you do not defend a section after you break it they will come in and repair it. I can think of easily a dozen simple raid ideas that don't break the system and work inside the systems constraints and use already demonstrated tools.

As for the lore of Tenno being rare, I can see the four man team going on missions that is understandable but these are simply space ninja, Ninja were rare in feudal Japan but they also made the occasional major raid. They did not attack in the hundreds or thousands they were a couple dozen and slaughtered a entire castles. A game without a hook for long term play isn't a long term game even if it is free to play. Raids and skilled players are one way you make a long lasting game.

Dunno about "raids," but something that would be cool might be to have larger scale missions, perhaps some larger version of alert missions, in which two squads (anywhere from 2 to 8 people, evenly divided) go on a joint mission, each given their own set of objectives to perform in the same map bringing about a sort of relay system. Say, Alpha Squad is sent to capture someone, while Bravo Squad is sent to defend a point until they are finished. People from Alpha Squad COULD stay and help the people from Bravo, but the guys sent to capture would have to be rad rad robotanks to make it through without getting chewed up by big bads. As soon as the capture target is retrieved, Bravo is able to advance to, say, a hostage rescue, while Alpha is sent to take out the ship's core, with the culmination and grand climax of it all being some big crazy boss that requires joint strategy to dismantle. Like having waves of enemies spawn on a second level that need to be thinned out so that those below are able to pick apart the boss uninterrupted or something. Maybe said boss has a heavy regenerating shield that, unless constantly fired upon, will steadily regenerate and make taking it down more difficult.

It feels like there's promise in the idea of a bigger, grander co-operative experience, but it's true that it should be used very sparingly. I believe that would lend itself towards more "end-game" content.

-Bea

This would be a much better implementation of raids. Having at max 2 squads would make it feel reasonable.

I would also like to add that the "raid bosses" should also have mechanics that incorporate all the acorbatic abilities we have access to. whether it be need to climb walls to climb onto the head of the boss and hit it from there or dodge its attack then scale its arm(just examples). However not all bosses should have mechanics that require acorbatic abilitlies to beat, as it might lead to the issue of repititive boss fights (i could be wrong about this.)