Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Abilities Idea

Ostellos

ok so I was thinking that what if on some (at least the first ability) that when you leveled it up all the way it gain the ability to be charged?

Now when I say charged I mean that besides holding down the ability button to make it do more damage, it also gives a bonus to the ability at the cost of some extra energy (I'd assume that casting without charging it all the way would most likely cast it as if you just plainly hit the ability button)

I already thought of some ideas to the abilites and if this becomes an interested topic, will continue to update it

Excalibur

-Slash Dash: Increased area of effect (wider slash)

-Radial Blind: Grants all Tenno extra damage against blinded Enemies

-Super Jump: No idea

-Radial Javelin: all units not killed gain a permanent movement reduction

Loki

-Decoy: Decoy explodes when time is up/destroyed

-Invisibility: Next attack (first round fired/melee attack) is a guaranteed critical shot

-Switch Teleport: Becomes invisible after teleport

-Radial Disarm: Gives ammo to all Tenno from the weapons dropped

Volt

-Shock: Hits base target then all surrounding targets (max # possibly?) for a fraction of the damage (chain lightning)

-Speed: Grant a damage and reload buff while active

-Electric Shield:Damage of richocheted rounds is greatly increased

-Overload: Boosts Volt's sheild capacity for a short time and slowly drains back to normal

Ember

-Fire Ball: Creates a large area of effect igniting all nearby enemies

-Overheat: Adds bonus fire damage to all of Ember's weapons

-Fire Blast: Sends out a nova of fire that ignites all enemies that has a further distance then ring of fire

-World on Fire: still do not entirely understand what this ultimate does

Frost

-Freeze: Hits with an area of effect, slowing/freezing nearby enemies of the initial impact

-Ice Wave: Sends forth three parallel ice waves

-Snow Globe:Grants a temporary armor buff to any Tenno that go inside of it

-Avalanche: Grants all Tenno bonus frost damage for a short period of time after it has been cast

Mag

-Pull: Damages enemies and stuns longer

-Shield Polarize: Overcharges an ally's shield / permanently reduces an enemies shield recharge

-Bullet Attractor: Redirected bullets do increased damage

-Crush: Causes an area of effect blast permantly reducing all enemy shields that were in the blast radius

Trinity

-Well of Life: Target enemy takes extra elemental damage

-Energy Vampire: Target enemy gets reduced armor for the dration of the ability

-Link: Improves crit chance while active

-Blessing: Grants a temporary speed bonus to all Tenno

Rhino

-Rhino Charge: A percent of incoming fire is turned into ammo

-Iron Skin: Deflects all incoming bullets away (after damage is inflicted)

-Radial Blast: Reduces affected targets armor value for a few moments

-Rhino Stomp: Increases blast radius and duration

Nix

-Mind Control: Affected unit gains a damage and armor buff while controled

-Psychic Bolts: if the bolts were to kill the enemies, they become mind controled instead

-Chaos: Will not attack any Tenno while under the influences of chaos (that is if chaos wares off)

-Absorb: All enemies caught in the blast that did not die become hit with chaos

Ash

-Ninja Star: Throws 3 or 5 stars in total instead of just one

-Smoke Screen: Effect radius is increased, enemies inside smoke screen get reduced armor

-Teleport: Damages the enemy that was teleported to

-Blade Storm: Slain foes violently erupt damaging nearby enemies

Well there is my idea, hope any of you find it interesting

NOTE: Will update once the new Warframes are released as well

on Excalibur,

i like the idea but what if

advance lets you use the power in a different way?

like saber slash would let you do the a upward slash that sends the emeny into the air (plus the DMG).

or by using in a advance way agains DMG bonus

like wall running than jumping to the rooftop or air than doing suber slash down ward (should have an animation) and so on etc.

the higher you go the more DMG it does.

super Jumping,

should let us jump from wall running.

this with combine slash... plus advance movment.

all im saying maybe advance should let us use it in new ways?

maybe javalin should let us use those blades in combat aswell

something like that anime soul eater lol

or control all the javalin to a single point.

or even maybe power mixing

like slash/javalin mix (takes more power but does DMG)

all the javalin comes out of the slash in the diraction of the attack.

Edited by RaulO4

Sounds interesting goes in line with the 'tactical' feel the Devs want. However, how much work will this take? I think that will be important to whether or not the Devs go in this direction.

I think it would give a fresh and like you said tactical feel, use up some extra energy, get something better out your ability while leaving yourself vulnerable while charging (depending on the charge time for each skill, ect.)

I don't think the coding would be too hard, instead of press ability key = ability is triggered, it would be press mouse, if ability key is held for more then x time then do this, if not then do that

Then again I only took a Visual Basic class for 2 semesters in highschool

Overall it sounds like a good idea, but I'm not really on board with the charging aspect. It just doesn't work very well on a keyboard to me. As an alternative, what about simply making each of the abilities the final power evolution?

I think active abilities should be branched, similar to the way ME3 MP did it.

Slash dash - 1 unlock slash dash. Deal 200 damage to enemies with in 1.5 meter radius and travel 5 meter forward. Cost 25 energy.

2A - increase radius to 2 meter and travel forward for 7.5 meter.

2B - add elemental damage/effect of your melee weapon into slash dash.

3A - increase damage by 50% (300 damage)

3B - increase attack speed and movement speed by 25% for 5 second after slash dash.

4A - increase radius to 3 meter and travel 10 meter forward.

4B - turn slash dash into a whirlwind. Deal damage to all enemies within 5 meter radius.

Something like this. The charging aspect could be added for extra damage/range/special effect for extra energy consumption.

For Super Jump, how about an AoE stagger effect both at the point of launch, and where you touch down?

For Ember, I've got a whole list of suggestions I've wanted to make a thread for, maybe I'll get around to it. Here goes.

Fireball - DoT portion removed, base damage increased, point of impact has AoE nova effect. Does not ignite, but staggers other targets around main target.

Overheat - Increased movement speed for duration of skill.

Fireblast - Pulsing fire damage every second on any enemy inside the ring of fire.

World on Fire - All enemies on screen (with a range say, like Mag's ulti) are hit for a small amount of fire damage, and are ignited. Ember pulses fire damage in a radius around her body (similar to Overheat) but the effect becomes stronger the closer to Ember you are. Stacks with the fire damage from Overheat.

And that easily, she'd be what she's supposed to be- an Infested murdering caster, with limitations based on her proximity to opponents. No easy-mode stuff like Frost ulti.