The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea Of Upgrading Spy/deception Missions While Giving Stealth Runs An Actual Chance

Faello

Okay so we all know that stealth in the Warframe is just poor to the fact that its mandatory that you need shade and the Spy and Deception missions that sound like actually viable stealth missions are simply another run and gun gallery. I  mean whats the point of spy or deception if you have no enemies left to spy on or decieve.

So i suggest that stealth or atleast spy and deception missions look like this:

Spy: the idea is that the whole team gets a permanent cloak for the mission duration and that stealth attacks instakill any enemy when executed ,but since that sounds too OP I have some countemeasures:

After using stealth attacks you will be decloaked for a duration of 5-10 seconds(a pulsating-color changing indicator could help notify when your cloak is gone) + sentinel are disable for these missions with the added bonus of if and alarm triggers the mission fails automatically (of course and option for retrying from a checkpoint or from start Would be awesome)  example: in a room with 4 grineer and you have to terminate them, only problem is i you go 1 after another they will spot you and sound the alarm so this system could also inspire teamwork and sychronization of stealth attacks so that they all bite the dust at the same time. (before i forget hacking terminals decloaks you until you hack it so pick your moment wisely)

Deception: Now deception has similair idea for stealth except for 1 important detail that at the start you have to kill a lone grineer/corpus officer and by using some sort of nyx like holographic tech disguise yourself as that officer then carry the datamass to the terminal. Sounds easy right , lemme fix that for you.

The map would have certain grineer checkpoints during which you will be investigated thats where the rest of your team comes in. Retaining their cloaks they have to assassinate SPECIFIC enemies that can easily identify you example: other grineer officers and commanders a timer could be implemented to so how much you have until the carriers disguise is blown same rules for spy applies here the alarm triggers you fail the mission. sentinels are also gone from these missions for the duration.

But since most people are loot chasers il sweeten the deal the mission can be opt for either regular run and gun with more loot as a reward but lower credit reward while stealth playthroughs could give more credits and although less mods you get rarer mods a quality over quanity sort of deal. (while stealth attacks are 1 hit killers there is still a chance to prevent the alarm if you kill the alarmed enemies but heres the deal if its not silent it alerts the whole ships so these missions could actually improve the useless noise reduction mods and amplify banshee silence skill effect.

So now that I've adressed and suggested the issue feedback is appriciated

While I like your idea it is a lie to say you need shade to stealth I stealth with rhino with Excalibur all the time with out any pets at all completely solo just be careful be aware of our surroundings and kill lone enemy's or take out a group of them really fast without them getting to the controls and boom stealth achieved.