The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Enemies And Some Ideas

Wallace24

not sure if this is the right forum for this, I'll be honest, but I wanted to discuss the new corpus enemies, and some ideas I had in a dream last night (got warframe on the brain, clearly)

going through the codex and trying to scan as much as possible, I've run into the scavenger drone and the anti-moa (didn't get to scan it, and I'm not really sure what it does. I will be returning to jupiter to try to find another specimen). assuming alad V and zanuka don't count, there is still one new corpus enemy I haven't encountered. no matter, I figure either the scavenger drone or anti-moa is the new "worst" enemy that DE has created. scavenger drones pick up drops from fallen enemies, I assume this isn't just ammo, but also resources and mods. if that's the case (I've only encountered them in exterminate, so until we hit Io or Callisto in the event this feature probably won't be much of a problem) then that could be the "worst" enemy that they alluded to. but I also don't know what the anti-moa does, really, and I'm always skeptical of moas, so I don't know

on to some devious ideas I had. actually they're fading, but one notable one I recall was the protect moa, which would generate a shield in front of itself that would block all shots, kinda like the shield lancer and kinda like the hardlight shield in halo 4, but you can't get through it. it would just negate all incoming fire. there was some kind of drone I fought in this dream as well, but I can't quite.. oh, no, I do remember. its nothing too interesting, I suppose, but it was an oil drone/osprey, and it would spill oil onto the ground that would ignite, either to your advantage or your detriment (I mean, its an enemy, so the drone would try to harm you most, but I'm sure most tenno would be able to turn that situation in their favor)

The three new Corpus units are:

Shotgun-variant Crewman (their name isn't different and they don't have their own codex page. wields the Detron or something)

Scavenger Drone (large ospreys that can shoot and vacuum up loot on the floor)

Anti Moa (purple Fusion moa with a weird beam attack. Currently lacks its own codex page)

As for the enemy ideas, the "protect moa" would be better as a Crewman, maybe upgrading and replacing the shotgun crewmen right now. The oil drone doesn't really fit the Corpus, mostly because fire-based attacks should be kept to the Grineers while Corpus use ice.