The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Missions. "events"

BoomyGordo

So after reading this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/136563-i-think-i-found-out-what-warframe-needs-to-keep-me-hooked/  and looking at the clock and seeing it is 3:06 AM and realizing just how tired I am my brain decided to spit out an idea.

The above linked thread mentions "spectacles" as a way to keep him hooked. I agree with most of the thread. You cant achieve great spectacle unless you include you dieing or cinimatics and, lets face it, cinimatics isn't what this game needs.

F2P games stay afloat through community generosity or enough content to keep people coming back for more which makes it more likely that they will make purchases on the game. Cinimatics are movies. Short little movies to help tell a story but again, warframe doesn't need them. There is no real main story or plot to warframe other than we Tenno are few and dedicated (mostly) to keeping the balance of powers in this system.

So, in lieu of the fact that there honestly isn't that much content, I propose that dynamics are added to warframe levels. There's already the chance that you will go into a mission to rescue a hostage or capture a valued target and the lotus says something along the lines of "Wait screw the target slaughter everything LOL" but its infrequent and cant be made too frequent or it will become tiresome. 

By dynamics I am talking about something along the lines of the left 4 dead series' "director" in which certain areas of the maps were changed every play or changed based on previous actions in the level. Give the missions a little added suspense and oomph. Sure we have stalker but hes not exactly interesting.

For example, you are on a capture mission. You get the target and head to extraction. Just as the last member of your team reaches extraction the fighter/pod/jet (seriously what the hell is it?) is scraped off the hull by an infested pod or ship. The ship is then being attacked by infested and with your only means of extraction gone suddenly you are contacted by the ships captain who offers you a shuttle to escape in exchange for you returning the captured target and helping his crew fend off the infested.

Another example, You are on x mission when suddenly the door you were about to go through slams and locks red. A nearby red door unlocks and the lotus contacts you informing you that access to the objective is cut off and she is working on overiding the lock. Suddenly a group of commando or elite ops guys come to ambush you. (flux crewmen for corpus, no clue about grineer or infested) and you have to defend your position while the lotus works the door open.

I think it would make the game alot more interesting and add replayability without adding a whole new patch or area. Anyway sorry for the wall of text but thats my idea. Im off to bed now before my brain spits something else out.

Edited by --Ragon--

Well, this is what I thought of your idea.

During these regular missions, for example:

You entered a Corpus Cargo ship doing an extermination mission following the said orders by the Lotus. At the middle of your slaughter, you see two or three Grineer ships stumbling to this cargo ship, firing their Galleon Autocannons, their drop pods and anything that creates blasts to this cargo ship's hull. You see explosions at the portions of the ship, afraid that you actually get in one of those. If you did, you'll be tossed to some rooms as some of them are destroyed, including your escape route. The only choice you had is to get in one of the Grineer's raid ships.

As you entered one of these ships, which you choose one by yourself, you'll have to fight your way up to one of their escape pods (or yours, since its still a placeholder). Once getting there, you finished the mission.

I don't know if this actually fits your idea, but this is what I understood. So, it's a good idea in my case.

Problem is, there will be a lot of coding, as the game should implement a dynamic map-maker which will also take some time to build out of. As well as the scenario itself, requiring a greater amount of computer process on determining the external scenario, which locations to be shot at and destroyed, and the number of enemies should be in those scenarios (like making another Extermination count on ships, like having 50 Grineers for the player to kill before the entire raid ship will be depleted of enemies, and its only from one ship.)

This will also make the entire mission a bit larger than usual, as the map will be extended by these scenarios through the dynamic processing.

A bug like endless ships bumping on to each other, is one of the "somewhat impossible" scenarios that I am expecting.

Once these issues have been hurdled, I think this is going to be one of the best things to happened on Warframe.