The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Infested Maps

Girouette

I know that there was (or is) a thread about infested mission, months ago, but i'm unable to find it.
Anyway, if i'm breaking the rules for making this, delete it.

Also, english is not my main language, so you most likely find mistakes everywhere, i'll try my best to make my self clear.

Now, i feel the infested levels are a bit boring, or perhaps a lot boring, and well, it lacks of some details to make you feel like you are aboard in a ship that has been overrun by the technocyte. So there are some little ideas to try to make the levels more like an outbreak.

First, If the infested ships have years floating in the space, they should look more wrecked, less light or even no light, aside from yours and from the giant windows  (if you are in a corpus ship or a grineer galleon), more deteriorated environment, it's only logical, that ship has been like that for years, with no crew to take care of it and give proper maintenance, with almost non functional doors or elevator, perhaps when you start the mission you reactivated the power supply, and the only mission that will have this ships are sabotage (you know, destroy the ship, because is dangerous that roam freely with such plague inside) or spy, recovering the data units left behind. And perhaps in some missions you can reactivate the power supply, but this make more infested to spawn, and the explanation to that is, there were some parts of the ships locked, when you reactivate the energy, you opened those areas, so you'll have to options go only with your trusty flashlight or face the numerous hordes of infested when you turn on the lights

Second, if the outbreak was recently, the ship should be lock down, and also, only the emergency lights should be on, also a sound of an alarm or maybe a female voice saying stuff like "emergency in sector X" or stuff like that, (now that i come to think about it, i haven't heard that voice in the corpus ship anymore). Perhaps dead bodies lying around, from the security guards (crewman) to the normal crew, engineers, workers, pilots, maintenance, etc (it's a big ship). And some mission adequate for it should be:

Exterminate, self explanatory "we want our ship back, kill those monster and we'll pay you"

Rescue: go for the hostage that was lucky enough to be in prison, safe from the infested (and horribly traumatized from the screams out there) or look for survivors and bring them to lotus

Capture: you know what, i always feel  capture mission on infested ships are more like looking for the only survivor of the outbreak.

And of course, more models for the infested, again the ships it's huge, how about civilians or workers infested (with the corpus) and more units aside from the charger with the grineer, some soldiers, sawmen, scorpions. etc.

I guess that's all for now, i will come later for more ideas with the corpus outpost, but for now, i want to know your thoughts about it, specially the fans of the survivor horror games.

Thanks for reading and sorry for terrible grammar.

G.

Got to say this would be interesting if all the infested maps were closer to the Orokin Derelict tile set rather than the base set with a litte infestation. The other ideas sound great as well all really well thought out and could make for some interesting gameplay with the infested, who really could use some attention as they aren't too interesting a fight right now.

I'm kinda curious as to how people will react to the options of less light and fewer enemies or better lighting and great enemy count, on that topic one thought of mine to add is if the lack of lights would also reduced the infested's agro range to just a room or two rather than the map wide alert as it could make the choice a little more significant.