Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vis, A Sciency Warframe|Based On The Four Fundamental Forces

DigitalHarbinger223

Short Introduction:

This is a Warframe based on the Four Fundamental FOrces of the Universe; Strong Nuclear Force, Weak Nuclear Force, Electromagnetism, and Gravity. I named him "Vis" which is latin for "Force". Feel free to criticize, improve, and comment on him!

Long Introduction:

So I've been thinking about how each Warframe follow their own theme, like Mag representing magnetism,  Ember being Fire, Nova being antimatter and so on. So I was thinking of other themes could be used for War frames, I then thought about subjects in Science. At first I thought of a Psychological Warframe then I remembered Nyx, I then thoguht of a Time based Warframe. I made up a nice seleciton of abilities, but then I realized how the Warframe couldn't fit in the lore. I mean, Time control? We haven't in perfected holograms in this universe! So I went through my Science notes and it hit me. How about a Warframe based on the Four Fudnamental Forces of the Universe; Strong Nuclear Force, Weak Nuclear Force, Electromagnetism, and Gravity. I had trouble making up with abilties, since a lot of Warframes use a "everyone gets crushed into a singularity *cough Mag cough Vauban cough* or quick AoE abilties *cough rhino cough Ember cough Saryn cough a lot of other warframes*. So I've given this Warframe the name "Vis" which is latin for "Force". Feel free to comment, criticize, and improve on it!

Lore:

Coming soon!

Statistics:

Health: 150 (350)

Shields: 75 (225)

Energy: 150 (225)

Stamina: 8.0

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Armor: 100 

Polarity Slots:

4x Power

1x Attack

1x Tactic

Abilities:

Each ability corresponds to one fundamental force. Feel free to comment on these abilities.

Matrix *25 Energy*

Vis increases the gravity affecting your enemies. Slowing them down by 10%/5%/2.5% for 3/6/8 seconds. This also affects the speed at which the bullets travel, any bullets that hit you will have a reduced damage of 20%/35%/50%. Has a range of 18/22/25 meters.

Casting and Effect:

Jumps into the air and spins with one arm behind his back waist-level and the other facing front at chest-level. Both emit waves of energy which will go up to their AoE range. Enemies will project parralel lines of energy (whatever color you have) that go downwards, symbolizing the gravity holding them down. Any bullets they fire will make energy burst from their barrels.

Special animaiton if you have a Staff Weapon: If you are sprinting when using this ability. Vis will slam the staff on the ground and launch himself into the air doing a 360 while emiting the waves. 

Distabalize *50 Energy*

Vis increases the Weak Force of 2/4/6 targets, making them stunned for a moment and giving 50/100/150/200 DMG for 2/4/6/8 seconds.  So basicly once maxed out it will deal 200/s DMG to 6 targets for 8 seconds, while also stunning them

Casting and Visible Effect:

Vis aims his left/right hand at whatever you're aimed at and fires a wave of energy, once the waves hit the enemy. They emit a energy wave of whatever color your energy is.

Mutual Shock *75 Energy*

Vis increases the electromagnetism of a enemie's molecules, weaking their shields and causing damage afflicted to be shared to others in a chain reaction. Dealing 20/40/60 Magnetic AND Electric damage for 2/4/6 seconds. If the affected are near someone else, they can start a chain reaction. Any damage inflicted upon the affected is felt throughout the chain however the damage is reduced by 15%/10%/5%.

Casting and Effect:

Vis pushes his arms forward as magnetic force (a ball followed by a trail of ripples, whatever energy color you have) from his left shoulder blade and electric energy (electricity trails) from his right shoulder blade synthesize into a wave of electromagnetic energy (picture it likes a ripple in space combined with electricity) at your target. Any enemies hit by the wave will emit electricity, and if they are near another enemy they will have an electric connection (picture two tesla coils connected by an electric beam). Everytime an affected enemy is damaged, they and any who are connected pulse whatever color energy you have.

Conservation *100 Energy*

Vis crushes his enemies with Strong force, turning them into tiny balls of matter which he can launch at others. Will convert 2/4/6/8 enemies into Dense Balls of Matter(DBoM), each ball will deal 350/600/800/900 DMG. However, when Vis does this he can only use the DBoMs, he will be unable to fire any other weapon. THis makes him vulnerable to enemy fire if he doesn't use the DBoMs quickly. He can also switch to an alternate mode where the DBoMs combine with the Energy Ball forming a bigger DBoM, Vis can then slam the DBoM into the ground causing an AoE effect with range of 15/20/25/30 meters and DMG of 600/750/850/1000.

Cast and Effect:

Vis raises a hand up in the air, and emits a tiny energy ball which will fire a beam at targets. When the beams hits the target its instantly collapses into itself as the protons and neutrons collapse into each other forming a ball. The ball is then attracted into the orbit of the energy ball, once the transformation is complete, Vis will have a small energy ball    floating on the palm of his hand with DBoMs orbiting it. When Vis launches one, he turns his hand around facing away from him and fires a ball which leaves with a sonic boom of energy. Anything killed by the DBoM is dismembered brutally.

If he uses the Alternate mod, the DBoMs spiral upwards and then dive into the ball which enlargens. Vis then slam the hand with DBoM into the ground causing a tidal wave of energy which ragdolls light enemies and stuns heavy, if they die they are disintegrated from the sheer force of the blast.

Artwork

There is no artwork since I can't draw. However, feel free to draw your Vis, just make sure you post it in this thread. There is only a few details I can picture and describe right now. On his head I picture two mandible-like objects sticking out from his cranium, between the space of this "mandibles" is an arc of energy. Picture Valkyr's neck shackles, just smaller and protruding form the cranium. Also I said in Mutual Shock that two elements will come form eahc shoulder blade, for that I pictures a floating sheets of metal covering whatever produces the element (tiny futuristic Tesla Coil for electricity?). So basicly every time Vis gets a element from the shoulder blades, three pieces of metal (floating) pull back in a triangular shape. So heres the anatomy for the effects:

Head Arc Thingy: Weak and Strong Forces (a field or ball of energy?)

Shoulder Blades: Magnetic and Electric Force/Energy (a vibrating sphere for the magnet and three rings connecting by a cylinder support in the center for the electricity (picture Nova's antimatter containers except with a support holding them together).

Center Spine/Arms: Gravity, the gravitational energy is contained in the spine. Then when used is sent through the arms and is emited from the hands.

Exit

If you read the entire post, I thank you. If you make a piece of art, leave your name for I can name my firstborn after you.

I'll appreicate any support or criticism. And if you want, have a tiny disscusion of the Science behind this warframe (but make sure you already made a comment about the frame itself!).

Thanks for reading and enjoy the game!

the only problem i can see with this frame is that it treads the path of other frames, meaning later on when DE adds new powers (which they promised they would) it'd be odd to decide whether this blaze ability belongs to Vis or ember, which shouldn't ever be a problem.

the only problem i can see with this frame is that it treads the path of other frames, meaning later on when DE adds new powers (which they promised they would) it'd be odd to decide whether this blaze ability belongs to Vis or ember, which shouldn't ever be a problem.

Source for more info on this please.

So if they add more abilities to a Warframe they will be switchable which other Warframes? By blaze I'm assuming you mean Ember's Fire Blast and Vis' Conservation Alt Fire, I doubt they'll be confused since Conservation is unique as its can be used in mulitple ways, once at a time while risking being damged heavily or use it all at once which will kill any enmies within the radius.

Source for more info on this please.

So if they add more abilities to a Warframe they will be switchable which other Warframes? By blaze I'm assuming you mean Ember's Fire Blast and Vis' Conservation Alt Fire, I doubt they'll be confused since Conservation is unique as its can be used in mulitple ways, once at a time while risking being damged heavily or use it all at once which will kill any enmies within the radius.

eh im too lazy to source T_T its like common knowledge if you watch the livestreams at all... but by blaze i ment a possible future ember ability, if your frame was a thing then what would stop it from gaining this ability instead