The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Chain, The Covering Fire Warframe

DeadScream

"Chain" is for the chaingun. You will understand. 

Chain would be a female support warframe, based on ammo efficiency, cover and distraction. 

wueg.jpg 

Stats

Armor : 40

Rank 30 Health : 250 

Rank 30 Shields : 325

Rank 30 energy pool : 200

Powers

Flashbang - 25 - Chain throws a flash bang grenade (Vauban Style, you can choose where the grenade goes). It doesn't deal damage but stuns enemies for two seconds and then reduces their accuracy for 5/6/8/10 sec

(improved by power duration and stretch mods) 

Barricade - 50 - Chain creates a big mobile shield (with a loophole) in front of her, preventing enemy fire from being effective. Other Tenno can regroup behind her to totally avoid a Napalm shot (for example). If an enemy comes too close, he is knocked back. If you use your guns while this skill is active, the shield moves on the left side, reducing your protection. 

Duration : 10/12/14/16 sec (improved by duration mods) 

- Barricade could also be a modified Volt's Shield : as it would be mobile and bigger, it wouldn't provide damage bonus though. 

Bottomless clip - 75 - Allows you and your teammates an infinite ammo buff for 8/10/12/15 seconds (improved by power duration mods), and switches semi-auto weapons to full auto for maximum efficiency and sustained fire. The weapon still got to have at least one bullet remaining to receive the buff.

Support turret - 100 - Chain creates a high automatic chaingun turret (the gun would take place at 2.50 metters from the ground) that will fire enemies from very long distances with strong shots. Attacks only one enemy at a time but lasts for 35/40/45/50 sec (if not destroyed before). Attacks always the enemy who is the nearest to the player. You can only have a maximum of two turrets on the battlefield at the same time. 

Damage output and resistance increased by power strenght mods. 
Duration increased by power duration mods

apacheChainGunSmall.jpg 

How it works : (open the spoiler for awesome sketches !)

5rdg.jpg

look

You probably already feel her as an alternative to Vauban. Also I would make her with a Vauban-like appearance. 

Thoughts ?

0b8y.jpg

Edited by DeadScream

A mobile Team defense frame would be an awesome chain

That's what I wanted to create. 

With a long range turret you can move AND be under covering fire, with the mobile shield you ARE the shield, etc. 

If you have ideas to improve my concept, please tell me :)

Gotcha. Sounds pretty cool. Would certainly be nice to have those turrets with an ally rather than being on the receiving end...

*cough*Cerberus Engineer*cough*

combat-engineer.png

I was thinking about the ability to place a small turret, available for any squad member, but it would probably let too many troll opportunities ^-^' 

Like "oh I see you placed a turret, I never used it before and I can't aim, can I still use it for fun ? Oh sorry the cryopod just died." 

i like the concepts presented here, though as you admit chain would be basically a rehash of vauban. ability three and four seem wildly overpowered though

I was thinking about inverting the two and give the ability to put only one turret at a time. 

It's overpowered if it hits very very hard, but since it is destroyable and only targeting one target at a time I think it's okay, even with high damage. 

EDIT : reduced the duration of "bottomless clip" by 4-5 seconds.

Edited by DeadScream

Questions regarding Bottomless Clip:

Would the Tenno still have to reload, and have an infinite well of ammo to draw from?

Or would they have an infinite clip, and be able to fire with impunity?

Furthermore, what would happen to the ammo levels of the weapon after the usage of Bottomless Clip? Would the ammo levels be refilled in any way, or will the ammo revert to whatever level it was at prior to using Bottomless Clip?

Questions regarding Bottomless Clip:

Would the Tenno still have to reload, and have an infinite well of ammo to draw from?

Or would they have an infinite clip, and be able to fire with impunity?

Furthermore, what would happen to the ammo levels of the weapon after the usage of Bottomless Clip? Would the ammo levels be refilled in any way, or will the ammo revert to whatever level it was at prior to using Bottomless Clip?

Bottomless clip would change any gun into an "infinite ammo machine gun" for a while, with no need to reload. In my opinion it would not work on bows (only giving infinite ammo but no transformation into an automatic weapon). 

For the player receiving the buff, his informations on the screen would just freeze on the ammo. For example, you are shooting with your brakk and at the moment you are about to shoot your last blast, Chain casts bottomless clip : for all the time the skill is active, you will see you have 1 round left, and it will be depleted when the skill ends if you use it. 

Am I clear ? (sorry English is not my native language)