Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1999 Captura Contest [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

[DE]Ronnie

My 1999 themed captura submission was heavily inspired by the band Type O Negative, who loved Creepy Green Light so much in 1999 they wrote a song about it. You can bet your bottom platinum that I was jamming Type O Negative in captura mode for two hours working on this project. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

The song that inspired this piece is called "Creepy Green Light" by Type O Negative from the album World Coming Down released September 21, 1999.

All effects were rendered in game and the image has not been edited in any image editing software.

- xxxDolzzxxx

y7EVz1a.jpeg

• Like 1

Half-Life: Opposing Force inspired 1999 submission
      There's a bit of creative liberty taken here though despite the inspiration; I had spent all of the rest of the thread's creation day putting this artwork together. That aside, it was really satisfying editing and drawing out the various stencils, then putting some life into them with some Gaussian blur and the color of an F/A-18C Hornet's cockpit backlight. If I had the inspiration to make this again, I think I'd try to find the method to applying an optical distortion consistent with that of a CRT display.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
arc5Bdo.png

Edited by KyMurk
Addition of dialogue about the creation of the artwork
  • Like 9

MOVING FORWARD TOWARDS 1999.. WE ARE READY!!   AOI & ARTHUR!               captura by : THE_LOUD_SILENCE - PS5 (crossplat) 

Aoi-and-Arthur-by-Xintheti-X

Edited by Eagleone77
added my psn
  • Like 3