Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Baruuk' reactive storm can lead to an element that the enemies are not vulrnable to

In some cases reactive storm will change it's damage type into non combined elemental damage like cold or electric which can combine with a modded damage type on the weapon resulting in a bad combined elemental damage

For example if I mod my desert wind for toxin/cold and I also use reactive storm, then I fight murmur reactive storm gives me electric since that is the element you get for murmur it will combine into corrosive/magnetic neither of which is particularly valuable against murmur and murmur are not vulnerable to those damage types, therefore I lost the element I build for and did not get an element that matches an enemy weakness.

Also worth mentioning in the case above if I were to use heat it will combine into radiation which is an element that murmur are vulnerable to however a proper heat build will do better than radiation against any faction even with the extra damage you might get from vulnerability due to archon vitality and all the ways we can scale heat damage over time

Additional there is a same issue with amalgam corpus, and sentient

In regards to solving this issue I have 3 ideas

- always chose a combined element or a physical damage type

- make it so the damage type from reactive storm does not combine with modded elements on the dessert wind

- instead of changing the damage type to adapt make dessert wind just deal 1.5x damage to all factions as if you had the element that they are vulnerable to equipped