The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Zorens, Loki, And Red Crits

honeybadger

Question

I just picked up dual zorens and noticed that when I cloak with Loki and regular melee, sometimes (fairly often) RED crit numbers appear instead of what I expected to be yellow crit numbers.

I have 2 questions:

What procs red crits?

What special properties do red crits have? Is it a simple damage threshold when you crit that determines if the number is red or yellow? Dual Zorens do have a huge base crit damage multiplier.

PS. Dual Zorens are awesome.

Thanks!! <3

12 answers to this question

Dual Zoren outclasses every other melee weapon; especially on Loki x4 crit damage (CritD) modifier and 45% base crit chance (CritC) paired with a good attack speed granted critical hits by Invisibilty; shreds trough everything in seconds.

about red numbers; i can't tell exactly it seems like there is a chance for crits to crit.

So basically the chance is not very high you'd rarely get any reds, BUT it seems like Invisibilty sets your CritC to 100% and you get the actual CritC you have unstealthed on top. Would explain all the red numbers and bloodshed im getting at least.

on Level 1 Grineer White:37 Yellow:151 Red:228

on Level 1 Charger White:300 Yellow:1317 Red:1977

Without any +CritD Mods

so the CritD modifier for Red is about 6.1 - 6.6 times and for Yellow 4 - 4.4 (on Dual Zoren)

Edited by GloranSW

Dual Zoren outclasses every other melee weapon; especially on Loki x4 crit damage (CritD) modifier and 45% base crit chance (CritC) paired with a good attack speed granted critical hits by Invisibilty; shreds trough everything in seconds.

about red numbers; i can't tell exactly it seems like there is a chance for crits to crit.

So basically the chance is not very high you'd rarely get any reds, BUT it seems like Invisibilty sets your CritC to 100% and you get the actual CritC you have unstealthed on top. Would explain all the red numbers and bloodshed im getting at least.

on Level 1 Grineer White:37 Yellow:151 Red:228

on Level 1 Charger White:300 Yellow:1317 Red:1977

Without any +CritD Mods

so the CritD modifier for Red is about 6.1 - 6.6 times and for Yellow 4 - 4.4 (on Dual Zoren)

This is wonderful information. Thank you, sir!

Just did a test run because i was curious about Triple Crit Possibilty; replaced all Mods with 14,x% CritC and had Hit 1 which did double the damage of a regular Yellow crit and was shown in Yellow (48 Kills). Couldn't get any reds to do so but if you ask me; that confirms there is a chance to triple crit.

Just did a test run because i was curious about Triple Crit Possibilty; replaced all Mods with 14,x% CritC and had Hit 1 which did double the damage of a regular Yellow crit and was shown in Yellow (48 Kills). Couldn't get any reds to do so but if you ask me; that confirms there is a chance to triple crit.

Its possible you hit a weak spot on the enemy giving 200% damage. Unless melee cant proc weak spot bonus damage.