The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfomance Issue

DianaSM

Question

I've looked around and haven't found anything related to this. Also, since there is no proper section to post such issues (idk, something along the lines of "Technical issues" or something) i've posted here, i apologize if this is the wrong section.

First of all, yes I am aware this is beta and as such the game might not be optimized that well and it might run rather bad on certain computer configurations but i just want to know maybe i missed something on how to make my game run better than it is now.

When i started warframe for the first time i played with most of the settings activated (except Vsync and shadows .. and maybe some other things) and i was getting a good frame rate, anywhere between 30 fps to 60fps. It was acceptable and i kept on playing.

Now tho, for some reason, most of the time im getting 10-20 fps in combat and in certain areas of the maps and 30-40 in small rooms with nothing in it.

I turned everything off and there was almost no improvement to my framerate. I do not understand why it dropped all of the sudden, i was playing this without problems before ...

Is there any way to improve my performance asside from the in-game settings which ive turned them all off or set them to low ???

14 answers to this question

Perhaps it is a heat problem. This could cause your CPU to throttle down, which would explain the reason your framerates do not change even at low settings.

Could you please list your specs? Also, try Core Temp or CPU-Z and report your temperatures back. During gaming, anywhere between 50-80 Celsius should be fine, even up to 85 Celsius. At idle or light loads, expect around 30-40.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 (2.80 GHz x 4)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3

RAM: 4 GB Corsair DDR2 800 Mhz i believe

HDD: 120GB Corsair ForceGT SSD

As for the temperatures i will look into it as soon as i am able to

Driver updates and heat issues are always the first troubleshooting steps.

Drivers are up to date ... as for the heat issues, well there might be my GPU the culprit ... i do not yet know for sure but my GPU has shown signs of illness so to speak ... i will look into it

try presוng "Ctrl+Ecs" it will minimize your game.

then click on in its icon and it will be full size again.

i'v noticed that it fixes alot of lag in the game, not sure why tho.

I will try this, thanks!

use softwares like "Game Boosters" ?

I would avoid these programs unless you are running on a severly underpowered machine. All they do is stop "non-essential" windows services, which may buy you a couple frames if you are running on a toaster.

And running on a 32 bit machine wouldnt help at all, since, unless he has a parallel install of Win7x32 on the same machine -- you a no longer comparing apples to apples and its a waste of time.

Edited by honeybadger

1. I always close stuff in my backround

2. Nvidia profile for the game is set to minimum

3. I dont like using Game Boosters for different reasons but mainly cause i do not need it, this is my gaming machine, ive optimized and tweaked it as such.

4. Running on a 32 bit system is actually only gonna make things worse

Let me ask you this, is your warframe screen resolution (and desktop resolution) set to the native resolution of the monitor? Using non-native resolutions on LCD monitors can cause some funkiness to happen from time to time.

Also, I havent really noticed myself, but has something in the graphics noticably changed very recently? It is possible something new was added that the 9600GT just doesnt process well, if that was the case. But as the gentleman above me mentioned, if its recent, check your fans, clean your heatsinks and watch your heat. I say this because the GT/GTX series always had higher power requirements and produced more heat than comparable ATI cards. A fan thats not running normally (either stopped or slower than its supposed to) can cause those cards some serious issues.

Edited by Malikon

Running on native resolution with the comp cleaned (it was the first thing i did after i noticed the problems). As for something in the graphics that changed recently ... i dont know, didnt pay much attention ...

This is rather wierd, I played a game today (joing a game in progress) and it went fine, even with all the explosions, shooting, lots of enemies around ... sometimes works well sometimes i get huge frame drops for no apparent reason