The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Ability Mods Craftable............

ThePresident777

and get them out of the loot table.  I have 98 decoy mods, plus others, which are a waste of inventory space.  You can't get rid of your last ability mod, which is good.  And, you do not often need more than one copy.  So, get them out of the loot table.  Give them a blueprint.  Make them craftable.  This way, on the rare occasion that someone wants to have a copy at a different rank, then they can just craft it.

I believe decoy sells for 400 credits, so those 98 'wastes of inventory space' will net you almost 40k

See, there not useless

But no. I do not want more in my foundry

Inventory tetris, no thanks. Also, you don't have to get the bp if you don't want. And, it could have it's own tab.

Edited by ThePresident777

removing those mods from the loot tables sounds like it would do the trick, it really does... sadly, thats not the case.

the drop rates of uncommon and rare mods would likely either remain the same, or get worse to make up for the void created from ability mods being removed.

so instead of having 100 decoys, you would have 150 reach.

its a lateral move at best.

removing those mods from the loot tables sounds like it would do the trick, it really does... sadly, thats not the case.

the drop rates of uncommon and rare mods would likely either remain the same, or get worse to make up for the void created from ability mods being removed.

The drop tables are borked again, either by accident or design. The ability mods would be a waste regardless. Also, the reach mods have the same polarity as other more usefull mods so they can be used for fusion.

not necessarily, say a mob has 2 rare drops, right now if it rolls a rare mod, it chooses one or the other, but if one of them is a ability and removed from the list, every rare mod dropped by that mob will be the useful mod. it's arguably the worse part about abilities dropping anyway, getting a rare....ability.

Edited by leonvision

Just ran cambria and I saw only one ability mod, Roar.  It's a rare.  It was great to not see a rain of useless ability mods.  Much better playing experience.  A lot of basic mods fell, very good for noobs, and good for fusion into higher anking mods like redirection, etc. when the low level stuff is maxed, or for credits if one wants.

• 3 months later...