The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Legally Monetize My Warframe Video's On Youtube Through Digital Extremes?

Xavien

Question

As some of you may or may not know in order to monetize video's on youtube and add commercials to the content you either have to own the content 100% or have written permission or a license.

Game companies like Valve and Bohemia Interactive have very specific posts either on their forums or on their websites that give you instructions on how to monetize your youtube video's http://www.valvesoft...ideopolicy.html

http://forums.bistud...nership-Program)

If you want to legaly monetize you must follow said instructions or risk having your video rejected or worse losing your rights to monetize any content on Youtube.

My question is simple I wish to find the place where Digital Extremes had posted it's monetization policy so I have something to show the google staffers when they review my Warframe videos for Monetization. I also need to know what if any procedure is required as each company has different ways of carrying this out although to be fair the Valve system is far preferable and less time consuming.

I just want to be able to feature Warframe videos and still have the potential to profit for my production time. Anyone that can direct me to the proper page or resource out there? Your help would be greatly appreciated I have been scouring google for hours with nothing to show.

Edited by Xavien

5 answers to this question

I had to ask permission and requested it from JayWalker, since I do the WFO Show, it helps in it's own ways ( Warframe Overview )

It also would help to be a partner.

You also need to make sure you're talking on Youtube with the Warframe footage or else it is not monetizable.

And you need to be talking in the video more than about 80% of the time :3

PM me if you have more questions

Edited by Alacratha

I had to ask permission and requested it from JayWalker, since I do the WFO Show, it helps in it's own ways ( Warframe Overview )

It also would help to be a partner.

You also need to make sure you're talking on Youtube with the Warframe footage or else it is not monetizable.

And you need to be talking in the video more than about 80% of the time :3

PM me if you have more questions

I am a partner on youtube,I do full commmentary on all my video's for the duration of every video. Is Jay Walker the owner of Digital Extremes? because if not how can he give you permission to use a license he doesnt own? I was hoping there would be an actual post on either the Digital Extremes site or here on the forums that gives me the info I need. also if Jay Walker is the person to talk to where do I get in contact with him.

I am a partner on youtube,I do full commmentary on all my video's for the duration of every video. Is Jay Walker the owner of Digital Extremes? because if not how can he give you permission to use a license he doesnt own? I was hoping there would be an actual post on either the Digital Extremes site or here on the forums that gives me the info I need. also if Jay Walker is the person to talk to where do I get in contact with him.

Well he is one of the Head Devs, and I have obtained permission through him which I was reffered to by DESteve, so it's what I had to do, and I've had no problems with it thus far.

Well he is one of the Head Devs, and I have obtained permission through him which I was reffered to by DESteve, so it's what I had to do, and I've had no problems with it thus far.

do you have his email or a way to contact him so I can request written permission or can you direct me to a post he made that is linkable to people outside of the forum community so I can use it as written permission.

do you have his email or a way to contact him so I can request written permission or can you direct me to a post he made that is linkable to people outside of the forum community so I can use it as written permission.

I just messaged him with a PM on the forums then took a screenshot and it's posted in all of my Warframe videos.

That's pretty much it.