The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxin Best Element Now?

Brimir

Pros

- Bypasses Shields (unknown if changed)

- +25% damage to Armour

- +50% damage to Corpus Flesh

Cons

- -25% damage to Robots (kinda offset by bypassing Shields)

- Rare elemental mod for most weapons.

Edited by Brimir

At this point it feels like a waste discussing best if they're gonna change it again two days later

But saying it is a very good one is safe. At least among the singular elements. It is the only one to hit the important stat, armor (that's an opinion), along with a good secondary stat, flesh. While carrying a small penalty on robotics, it still has the bypass shield thing (assuming it hasn't changed) which helps.

I can't say how well it actually competes against dual elements though. Traditionally 180% dual elements are stronger than or equal to direct damage wise any single 90% element regardless of bonuses. But the new patch putting an armor bonus with a flesh bonus might've changed that. I'm just not sure how much effort I want to put into testing it.

Here I did up some quick tests after all against my better sense. I didn't go as complete as I normally would so take it with a grain of salt.

Some quick Ceres - Ludi tests. Using element only Braton.

90% Toxin:
Elite Lancer 32 | Scorpion 28 | Bombard 7 |Trooper 14 | Powerfist 52 |Scorch 27ish

180% Blast (-25% armor)

Elite Lancer 23| Scorpion 21 | Bombard 6  | Trooper 11| Shield Lancer 45 |Scorch 22

180% Magnetic (+75% shield, aka no relevant bonus)

Elite Lancer 30| Scorpion 23| Bombard 7 | Trooper 14 | Powerfist 54 | Scorch 26

Mind you 1 point differences are likely due to leveled enemies but beyond that I believe this is accurate.

180% Corrosive(+75% armor)

Trooper 40 | Powerfist 82 | Scorch 58 (did not complete rest of enemies, I believe the results are obvious.

What do these numbers mean? Well it confirms for me that at least on Grineer toxin is as strong as any dual element without a flesh or armor bonus breaking the original 2.0 tradition. Basically Toxin is the new heat, add it to whatever you can if you don't have a better usage of the points. However, Corrosive is still better on Grineer given the choice.

Discussing which single element is the best is kinda pointless. From my theorycrafting the you want to always use dual elements except using Puncture weapons against Corpus, where you want to use Magnetic + Toxin and not combine to Gas since Flesh resists it.

Discussing which single element is the best is kinda pointless. From my theorycrafting the you want to always use dual elements except using Puncture weapons against Corpus, where you want to use Magnetic + Toxin and not combine to Gas since Flesh resists it.

It's a points situation. Some people may not have the slot points to do everything so you should try to determine what is ideal for each amount of elements. Though I preferred the last damage 2.0 where every dual element was always better than or equal to a singular element in every scenario.

But as I said initially I don't even want to bother considering anything serious until they're done with such drastic changes. Blast went from being cool vs anything general +armor, to suddenly being awesome vs corpus to suddenly being...neutral to almost everything and bad to armor. I don't really expect any changes this weekend (or I hope not) but for all I know everything I say today could be changed again by Monday.

If you add 11 points of heat to toxin you are adding +90% damage and against flesh you are losing 25% so you are still adding damage in all cases.

If you add 11 points of heat to toxin you are adding +90% damage and against flesh you are losing 25% so you are still adding damage in all cases.

You are loosing 25% of +180% though.

Toxin: 90%*1.5=135

Gas: 180%*0.75=135

Adding heat will not increase your damage but will cost you a mod slot. Worth it if you deem gas proc better than shield bypass and toxic proc. Gas will also have a higher damage against moas.

Magnetic+toxic for corpus imo.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For grineer corrosive is a given due to armor scaling. Due to armor scaling blast will likely be much worse than it appears at first glance and corrosive + heat/cold will give you 90% of the damage you get with corrosive+blast. Blast can give nice cc though.

in my opinion

Best thing againts infested its : GAS 75% more dmg againts infested

Best thing againts Grineer+Corups cuz they always together in hard stuff its : Corrosive+Cold you getting total 75% more dmg againts armor and 50% dmg againts shield and the proc that corrosive give you its too good

Toxin will probably get nerfed with this Shield ignore but anyway in the end the stuff I adviced will do more dmg

It's a points situation. Some people may not have the slot points to do everything so you should try to determine what is ideal for each amount of elements. Though I preferred the last damage 2.0 where every dual element was always better than or equal to a singular element in every scenario.

Fair enough. For the most part Toxin is best vs Grineer, Cold against Corpus (ignoring the fact that Toxin is bypassing Shields) and Fire against Infested.