The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking Feedback On Contest Submission.

Felandi

Faction: Corpus

Name: Riva

Grip: Fist weapon type wrist-blades

Description: The Riva are two forearm-mounted solid-photon blades, designed for at-will deployment and to allow easy manipulation of ranged weaponry. The blades activate when an attack is made or when the blades are brought up to guard the Tenno from incoming fire. I elected for a simple 3D-model, with reference to the angular designs of corpus weaponry and that excessive decorating is not the goal of an early concept.

I have emphasized the angles of the model to allow for more convenient image-to model source material. Now we wait for Derf Anyo to pre-order his own pair.

MVENy9O.jpg

Top and side view.

sds1Pwt.jpg

Scientists actually managed to produce solid photons for the first time this year, an interesting fact.

Animation suggestions

YAyXLEf.jpg

Direct links in case of faulty images.

http://i.imgur.com/MVENy9O.jpg Splash

http://i.imgur.com/sds1Pwt.jpg Views

http://i.imgur.com/YAyXLEf.jpg animations

Love the design, loathe it? At the moment I simply ignored fancy decorations, instead playing heavily on the functionality. Especially the emphasis on that sweeping melee charge attack.

Many fist weapons have a range issue, so I wanted to create a slash-damage type fist weapon that has slightly longer range than a simple gauntlet.

Edited by Felandi

updated image links, tell me if they are working.

Yup, I can see them. 

On topic: I can't help but love them. I grew up playing Armored Core, and the laser blades were badass. 

I dig the charge attack, by the way. If there could be some sweet Void designs on this, it'd be pretty neat. You got your point across very well, though.

Just imagine the effect of these wrist blades when you do the fist weapon prone-finisher. Punching the ground repeatedly. Those grineer and infested need more holes.

Fitting. I think the "energy" that emits from the gauntlets can be pretty killer. I understand that this is a simple design example, but I'd hope the blade wouldn't just be a solid plane of one colour. I'd actually like to see this, and grappling (ex: Valkyr's normal claws as her own weapons).

Fitting. I think the "energy" that emits from the gauntlets can be pretty killer. I understand that this is a simple design example, but I'd hope the blade wouldn't just be a solid plane of one colour. I'd actually like to see this, and grappling (ex: Valkyr's normal claws as her own weapons).

Aye, one of the thoughts behind the design was the flexibility with changing the colour of the energy property. This naturally allows for a heavy amount of customization. The most interesting effect would of course be the fact that they only deploy when you use them or block. Which might give a very dynamic feel to the combat.