The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Or Fragor Or ...

DianaSM

Question

Title sais it all.

Im planning on using one of those weapons on Mag but i'm having a hard time deciding which one.

I know Fragor is best against Gineer and Scindo against infected (according to wiki that is)

Im tempted by the Scindo tho ... any suggestions or stuff i might not know about either of these weapons ?

11 answers to this question

Im more into the infected ... they creep me out and they are many ... i hate em so i need the best against them ... I got guns against the Grineer.

Altho ive seen a lot of people running rhinos and other frames with hammers against the infected ... thought maybe there is something i dont know about that

Edited by DianaSM

Im more into the infected ... they creep me out and they are many ... i hate em so i need the best against them ... I got guns against the Grineer.

Altho ive seen a lot of people running rhinos and other frames with hammers against the infected ... thought maybe there is something i dont know about that

Stick with Scindo. More bang for your buck against infested.

then i'd go with Scindo, because as you stated yourself, you can use your guns againts the Grineers, but guns aren't as effective against the Infested, the best way to deal with them afaik is with heavy melee weapon, thus Scindo or Gram is the best choice for me.

i don't really mind the AP nature from Fragor as by the time my Scindo is properly modded, i can 1 hit -or at least 2 hits- a Grineer (even if i move my mods from Scindo to my Fragor, it will be overkill), besides, as their stats are actually the same, only that Fragor is a blunt, while Scindo cleaves, another point is all charge attacks from any kind of weapon ignores armor by default, so i have no problem dealing with ancients at all (get at least 1 freeze mod on it and all done slowy slowy slowy) some people think that adding Freeze to melee isn't that usefull, but for me it is pretty good, even more in Heavy melee like Scindo's 2nd and 3rd combo as they do AoE damage, thus everything in the area is slowed automatically - this works the same with Electricity, thus it's good with both Ground Slam and comboing a bunch of Corpus Crewman - while Attack Rate + Freeze is good against the Moas

a Potato-ed Scindo by default will have more Charge Speed nodes iirc, thus i don't mind adding any Charge Speed mod in it, instead, i went with more AP, Attack Rate, and Crit Chances, as it's a sweet burst, even more when you have some Crit Damage mods

Edited by Adagio

Well for grineer you already have 2 very effective guns (boltor and akbolto), so if you are looking just to melee you way through grineer missions, i would go with the fragor (i have one). The thing is that heavy melee weapons have higher dps but very slow rate. Not very fond of slow weapons. For that instance, that's why I don't like the rhino warframe very much either.

The fragor kills grineer with 1 or 2 swings (not charged) and after you hit the first one, the enemy get sort of stunned so you can land the second hit with no problem. The problem is, as I said before, the speed of the attacks. Some people don't mind, I for one hate it.

So between the 3 (you forgot to mention Gram) i would go with gram. Yes it has a lower dps, but it is a bit faster and effective against both grineer and infested.

Of course, that's just my opinion

Lol, scindo. Lol, fragor.

Dual Zoren = master race

Stack melee damage and you can take down grineer in 1-3 hits depending on crits, you do about 3 hits a second.

Super high crit chance / crit damage.

Combine this with ash or loki and everything dies in 1 hit and bosses will take maybe 1 invisibility cycle.

t.l.d.r.: dual zoren if you want to be like every other kid on the block, use scindo for your case if you want to be a man.

nuff said

otherwise:

dual zoren is op with the damn mods, this changes in update 7, so screw that and stick with the big guns that actualy do some damage against masses and look waaaaaaaaaaaaay better

scindo since you get the 300% bonus for infested, fragor would be a waste since infested dont have much armor. oh yah i suggest scindo with +rate mods and +melee dmg mods on frame

I don't have a scindo, but I do have supercharged dual zorens and a supercharged fragor. In my own personal experience, the fragor is the best one. I loaded it up with two +34% fire rates, 4 +14.x crit rates, and one +53% crit damage mod. I only have one decent +melee damage mod for my warframes, but the fragor still tears everything apart with ease. You really notice the innate AP when you're smashing Ancient Disruptors in Xini with three +68% attack speed swings. Dual zorens are nice on the right frames, but not having innate AP hurts them on targets that matter.

t.l.d.r.: dual zoren if you want to be like every other kid on the block, use scindo for your case if you want to be a man.

nuff said

otherwise:

dual zoren is op with the damn mods, this changes in update 7, so screw that and stick with the big guns that actualy do some damage against masses and look waaaaaaaaaaaaay better

scindo since you get the 300% bonus for infested, fragor would be a waste since infested dont have much armor. oh yah i suggest scindo with +rate mods and +melee dmg mods on frame

With the heavy melee weapons you generally kill infested extremely fast anyway, and I've seen nothing to indicate that the slashing bonus applies to Ancients. Ancients also have TONS of armor.