Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reloading, Melee, And The Launchers.

tahhotep

I have played over 500 hours of warframe, I was playing before the staker and dojos, but not in the closed beta, I have every warframe as of U11. I love this game, but I have no assumption that i know whats best for the game. I just wanted to post some of my ideas and see what people thing about them. Finally I have dyslexia so I'm sorry for anything thats hard to read.

RELOADING

So far all of the pirmary and secondry weapons in the game reloaded as if they have clips or Magazines, but we have revolvers, doublebarrel shotgun, and throwing knifes why can't we reload one round at a time on these weapons. Anyone who has played Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, or Fallout new vegas knows this can change the way you play by allowing you to reload a few rounds in a heated combat. This would also open up more options for weapon variety to be produced. Now usally the Downside to this advantage is a longer reload time. Here is an example of what i mean: the seer (i know it looks like it would have a clip) has a reload time of 3 seconds for a full clip, with the change I could say reload 1 round in half a second. that would make a full reload take 4 seconds, but you could reload 4 rounds in 2 seconds or 2 in 1 second to kill that last enemy.

MELEE

The current melee system  we have only has two attacks. It's a good base but really limited, So i was thinking at if they changed the melee button from attack to switch to melee like the switch guns and use the two mouse buttons for attacks. This would allow four different attacks to be made, wouldn't add anymore buttons needed to play (Warframe is on PS4 now), and would keep the switching between your pirmary and seconds weapon the same. Now there are some problems with is idea. Firstly it would slow down the switching between range and melee (like slide melee then shoot), Second raising the skill level to play well, and Third is animating all of the attacks for all of the different melee types just to give you idea here is all of the different melee grips (i think that is the word DE used).

long sword (Jaw sword)

brutal long sword (machete)

dual Long (dual ichor)

fist (kogake)

knife (heat dagger)

dual knife (fang prime)

staff (bo)

bladed staff (orthos)

thrown (glaive)

"heavy" twohander (gram)

"light" twohander (hate)

whip (lecta)

and just because heres two i would like to see spear master of reach and claws so i can rip out some spines.

LAUCNHERS

Just a small thought on why the launchers (Miter, Ogris, Penta, and Torid) use rifle or sniper ammo and not shotgun. It just seems like that a shutgun ammo level and the "shutgun shell" would fit better, cause the Ogris and torid ammo is laughable and the miter really hurts for ammo. The only guess i have why they use rifle (or sniper) ammo is cause of the mods.

Please tell me and everyone else who looks at the thread what you think or put up your own ideas.Thats Is all i have right now on weapons. I Might put up some of my thoughs on Passives and Some Ult (4th ablity) Changes to add variety of play if people don't think I'm a rambling fool.

Edited by tahhotep

I'd like to see some more single shot at a time reload weapons. To play the devil's advocate though, many revolvers and the like seam to utilize speed loaders so it still makes sense currently, it's just not particularly dynamic. All in all though I agree, I really like that tyle of reloading and I'd lover to see it implemented.

As far as the new melee system, it's already in the works so. sit back relax, and wait for U12

and.. yeah.. why not shotgun ammo? I don't know either~ it seams like a logical and easy fix, not to say they should use shotgun mods! they SHOULDN'T but shotgun ammo would be good.