The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Settings For Streaming?

Chef_Lu_Bu

Question

I was wondering if anyone had a cheat-sheet or best practices for streaming Warframe on twitch. I was running it the other night and while my FPS was fine the stream was stuttering. I turned down some of the settings and it made it much better to watch while I was in-mission but as soon as I jumped out to the galaxy map the stream started stuttering again. I'm not super experienced with streaming so any info would be nice.

Thanks,

Lu Bu.

6 answers to this question

Your upload may not be fast enough. Streaming requires 3 mbps for 720p and 5 mbps for 1080p  run a speed test and see if you hit those numbers. If you hit those numbers turn down the quality in your stream program a little it might be to high. Im semi new to that to. But from what i read those are the things i would try

Your upload may not be fast enough. Streaming requires 3 mbps for 720p and 5 mbps for 1080p  run a speed test and see if you hit those numbers. If you hit those numbers turn down the quality in your stream program a little it might be to high. Im semi new to that to. But from what i read those are the things i would try

Yeah, I've got 28 down 7 up, so I didn't think that the internet was the issue.

What program for the Stream are you using? OBS? Xsplit?

You can stream at 720p with 1200-1500kbps without problems, with music and with a good quality. If there is an option to disactivate Aero, choose it.

I dunno if you where hosting, but sometimes when you host the lobby and then the game, the streaming starts to lag.