Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying To Decide On Some Weapon Choices

(PSN)Trollsong

Question

For the most part I have everything but infested planned

Against grineer I take my paris twin vipers and the fang

Against corpus for now the strun shotgun but later cernos(ps4) and then teinvipers and the fang....hah guess what weapons I have the most mods for XD

But the infested I run into a snag I have a galatine and orthos but they just feel slow and I can't think of a primary that would work for them, I am really liking the high speed mobile play dash in stab dash out(or dash in shoot dash out) but I can't think of a good melee weapon for infested that works more like the fang, trying out dual ether blades right now.

Twin vipers are my main secondary from now on I feel but it is the primary and melee I am worried about I am still only mr3 almost 4 though and no clan fo researching....any reccomendations for high mobile play.

Also is the new tigris good? Sorry there are just so many weapons

2 answers to this question

if you are still loking for more secondaries the Vasto/Dual Vasto have plenty of Slash damage to deal with infested 

when it comes to primaries you have a bit more choises since we have two fire mods for Rifles ( hellfire and the nightmare mod wildfare ) 

and for Shotguns incendiary coat and the nightmare blaze so it all comes down to base damage and the "feel" of the weapon 

personally i run 

Sobek : Blaze/Inc coat/ fire rate+ damage bla bla bla

Dual Vasto with multishoot and Gas elemental ( higher damage than fire ) 

Twin Gremlins because i like them , same build as Vastos 

and then either Dual Zoren for low levels or Galatine for higher 

the Gelato still cuts enemies( infested ) in half at level 77 with a good build 

I'm not going to lie, the Dual Ethers were amazing against the Infested as of two months ago - but that doesn't really help you.  They might be once again though, since melee is getting reworked, so if you like them hold onto them after you've leveled them if you have the space.

I'd just say keep experimenting since the Damage system is in constant flux right now - at least for us on PC.  You lucky guys on PS4 get the "finished" product that we mash through for you lol!

I see a pattern in your weapon choices - do you like "stealth" capable weapons, or just the bows?  Some options you may like are the Latron, a hybrid between an assault rifle and sniper rigle; the Vectis, powerful sniper rifle; the Hikou, throwing stars; the Glaive, a throwing disc for melee (check videos out of it before buying, some people hate it most love it).

To answer an actual question of yours, for a primary against Infested I'd recommend the Braton for now - add some clip capacity, fire rate increase, heat damage, and if you find it punch through.  The Sobek as recommended above is also a good choice, but you need to be mastery level 4 to get it I believe.

Hope that helps.