Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Usage

Genomax

I feel like Sentinels need greater variety in terms of utility. Right now, we have Shade and Carrier, and then what is essentially three variations on an offensive Sentinel. This is problematic for several reasons:

Firstly, the damage put out by Sentinels are simply not worth it at the higher levels (unless you invest a ton of formas and potatoes), and at the lower levels, they just steal exp unless you choose not to add an attack precept. The specials of the Dethcube/Wyrm/Djinn essentially serve the same purpose by providing some breathing space at close quarters. 

Secondly, the fact that four of the five Sentinels are offensive-minded makes for stale gameplay. Sometimes it's fun to have a fully modded death-dealing Sentinel, but you only really need one, maybe two variations of a fully offensive Sentinel, for close and long range combat. 

Sentinels have the potential to be so much more than just DPS bots, and I feel that giving them unique skills (such as with Shade) could really make the game more interesting.

We also need more interactivity with them in the field. Like the ability to tell them to go passive and not fire blindly at the first thing they see. Kinda sucks how using a Sentinel other than Shade makes stealth gameplay impossible.

Right, like with the Revenge precept. It'd also be handy to have mods which customize the Sentinel to focus on specific targets - maybe the one with the highest or lowest defensive stats, for example.

Shade and Carrier both are utility minded, not just shade. You say you wish for more utility but what do you suggest? Stealth assist is covered, item collector is covered.. What else would be good as a minor aiding bonus?

Group-based bonuses. Perhaps a periodic heal or buff application. Maybe an effect could be triggered upon knockdown, so that you're not instantly swarmed and killed. Maybe your sentinel could periodically pick a high-priority target to mark (similar to Banshee Sonar). There are lots of possible applications that aren't directly combat-oriented.

The swarm protection is Wyrm already isn't it? Healing, Buffing and debuffing is good but what is 'high priority'? While Grineer have heavies, Corpus doesn't really have them and Ancients are common rather than rare, especially in higher wave infested defence. Over all these new functions sound like they would be similar to guardian and mods rather than a 'support' sentry with yet another gun type that could be swapped out for deth's machine gun so have a crazed healing turret.

Firstly, the damage put out by Sentinels are simply not worth it at the higher levels (unless you invest a ton of formas and potatoes),

Tell that to my Carrier Sweeper. 1 Forma, following dmg

>1000 impact

=1958 piercing

=158 slash

=768 electric

>7000 blast dmg

So how is over 9000 dmg not effective? Gather that it is shotgun, but it killed a lvl 40 grineer trooper in 3 shots from my senti, and in forma or two I can get that last slot filled with extra piercing dmg and my cryo and fire shot to max lvl so blast will scale >8000.

Edit: note that fired up is also on the sentinel

Edited by ArcLightCRO

Tell that to my Carrier Sweeper. 1 Forma, following dmg

>1000 impact

=1958 piercing

=158 slash

=768 electric

>7000 blast dmg

So how is over 9000 dmg not effective? Gather that it is shotgun, but it killed a lvl 40 grineer trooper in 3 shots from my senti, and in forma or two I can get that last slot filled with extra piercing dmg and my cryo and fire shot to max lvl so blast will scale >8000.

Edit: note that fired up is also on the sentinel

I doubt those stats are real.

Probaly bugged UI showing. My sweeper does ~1k damage(IIRC, can't check atm) but with bugged UI(Not actual ingame stat) it can run up to 40k damage and more...

I doubt those stats are real.

Probaly bugged UI showing. My sweeper does ~1k damage(IIRC, can't check atm) but with bugged UI(Not actual ingame stat) it can run up to 40k damage and more...

Try getting impact based shotgun and kill lvl 40 trooper in 3 shots. I've only managed to do that with Brakk which is equal dmg per type.

I have 5 forma sobek, with same mods takes me 3 HS , not body shots